• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

QR Code reader on Mobile Device...

Contributor ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm desperate here -- I have no idea why I can't get this to work, but I really need some help...

I've tried writing a custom QR-Code reader app for iOS and Android, and I can't get any app any where to recognize a QR-Code...

It *seems* to run OK, but it just never decodes any data -- always comes back with "nothing decoded" if it comes back at all...

I've tried the  ZXing library available on Google, and I've tried the one at LibSpark.org.  Neither of them will ever detect a QR-Code, and the ZXing library runs so incredibly slowly that it's useless anyway -- 7 to 10 seconds to process one image and tell me there's no QR-Code in there, when I know full well there is?  Ridiculous!

So, has anyone out there actually gotten a QR-Code reader app to work successfully?  One where you DON'T have to "click" a button to take a picture, but where it will simply scan the video input and will auto-detect when a QR-Code is in the video frame?

If so, I'd REALLY like to ask you how you did it, and even see some source-code if at all possible...

Thanks a bunch!

Laurence MacNeill

Mableton, Georgia, USA

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could be more help here...  but I tried to do it as well a few months back and kept hitting roadblocks. 

If you get anywhere with this ... can you PLEASE post how and an example maybe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely will post an example if I figure this out.  This has been extremely frustrating, and if I can help people avoid this mess, I'll be only too happy to do that.

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there were only a world full of developers like yourself

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laurence .

I can mail you a working AS3 QR code reader if I had your e-mail address. I spent MONTHS looking for one. Eventually found one which worked. I modified it a bit and it still needs some work but it is very quick at decoding a QR code.

I see you posted about the camera issue with images lying on their side. I am desperatley looking for a fix here. Any ideas ?

My e-mail address is phinrich.at.nnr.co.za

Send me a mail and I can sent the QR code reader which I have put together.

regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laurence.

Send me an e-mail and I will mail my QR code reader source to you. It decodes very quickly however you need to programme an action upon read.

Paul

phinrich.at.nnr.co.za

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a QR Reader ANE for iOS only. It worked great for me. Very speedy. It comes with a Flex sample project.

Its very easy to translate to Flash Pro but still if it can save anyone some time, leave your email and i'll send you the sample Flash Pro project I created.

Now I just need an android ANE!

http://code.google.com/p/qr-zbar-ane/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hope this reaches you.

Thanks for the post about the QR Code reader for IOs. Any chance of sending me the Flash Pro version.

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks a MILLION for the post.

I am sure many will find this extremely usefull. Please could you send me the Flash Pro version to phinrich.at.nnr.co.za

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote a post about QR Reader ANE that Brad is telling. Brad helped me a lot for my project and i wanted to spread his name and sample.

Here is the post you can find sample of Brad5151 : http://www.nativext.com/ane-by-os/ios/qr-reader-native-extension/

The native extension works extremely fast and reliable.

Again, thank you Brad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have written ANE version for ZBar that works on Android and iOS over same ActionScript API. It works similar to CameraUI i.e. I open Native Activity/ViewController that scans and sends the data to AIR app as an async event.

I have developed this for one of my projects. If anyone is interested revert back on this thread.

Regards,

sbhave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2013 Feb 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sbhave

Congratulations on your ANE. I have been trying to do this for quite a while as you can see by my posts above. Afraid what I have is not quite good enough. Any chance of sharing your build ? I code in pure Flash and not Flex but I dont know if I can use your Flex code but am keen to try.

Thanks again

Paul Hinrichsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2013 Feb 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool. I will soon put the source code, binaries, samples and some docs on google code project. I will share the project link in a day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds really nice!

Would also be interested to get my hands on this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking forward to that thanks. If I can get it working in pure Flash then I will also post.

regards

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds really good.. i'm looking for that since months.

could you send me your version to painschen@web.de? that would be very nice..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

Please find the ANE at http://code.google.com/p/adobe-air-qr-barcode-zbar-ane/ I have kept the precompiled ane in downloads section. Sample can be seen in Wiki or a working project can be found in Sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks nice, thanks for your project.. At the moment i'm using Flash CS6 for developing ios apps.

I get some errors while trying compiling without Flex.

Do you have a little sample for Flash CS6? Thank you..

p.s. the error code (1067) i get is in this line: s.setTargetArea(350,"0xFF0000FF","0xFFABCDEF"); -> "converting string to int not possible"
p.s.s. if i remove the "" at colors, i can start publishing on device. but there is  a second problem: An implemention for native extension "com.sbhave.nativeExtensions.zbar" required by the application was not found for the target platform. i'm using mac for publishing.. whats wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I had uploaded an old binary in downloads section.

Can you try by downloading the ane again (As I have updated it now)

For flash sample Just use the Sample Usage as your startup class and run the application.It should work [Dont forget to Include and Link the ANE]

Also please go through the API wiki which lists all the modifications required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2013 Feb 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sbhave.

Thanks a million for this.

I am having some issues though.

Running in Flash CS6, I have the .fla with your .ane in the library path. I then have both reader.as and Scanner.as in the same folder as the .fla. I am getting the error.

"The name of package com.sbhave.nativeExtensions.zbar does not reflect the location of this file ....."

This usualy means I need to place the Scanner.as file in a certain file structuire dictated by the rror message. However when I nest it there then the error is that it cant find Scanner.as

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paul

You dont need to explicitly use scanner.as. scanner.as will be available to you as part of ane only. Just use the ane correctly. You can google or youtube to see how we can link ane in Flash CS6

Thanks,

Sbhave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sbhave

Ok so I took out the Scanner.as. I know how to add the ane and it is there. It launches on my Samsung Galaxy S2 but does not open the camera. The result is that on clicking the singlescan or multiscan button I get "Launched False". I did specify Camera in the permissions. I seem to remember you saying we had to add something extra to the App Manifest file. Which I have not done.

I suppose this could be the reason. Let me try again.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still dont see the camera and still get "Launched:false"

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably not adding to the maifest correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not clear on how to add to the Manifest file.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines