Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This bundle is invalid" no upload to iTunes allowed with Air SDK 4.0

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

it is not possible to deliver to the iTunes anymore.

I just updated my Sudoku game including Russian and Chinese language support and compiled it using the most recent Adobe Air SDK 4.0

When uploading to iTunes with the application loader it says:

"This bundle is invalid. Apple is not currently accepting application built with this version of the SDK".

Testing locally on the devices works nonetheless.

What can I do now?

Best,

Henning

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "most recent Adobe Air SDK 4.0" do you mean the officially released AIR 4.0 SDK or the most recent Jan 28th AIR 4.0 beta on labs:

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashruntimes/air/

If you aren't using the 4.0 beta from labs, it is probably not compiled with XCode 5 which is going to be required starting Feb 1st.

(at least the Jan 28th 4.0 beta on labs is supposed to be the version that conforms to this new Feb 1st policy from Apple)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same error though using the latest air sdk.

"This bundle is invalid. Apple is not currently accepting application built with this version of the SDK".

Anybody knows how to fix it?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you are using any ANEs in the app that were compiled with a previous SDK/XCode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, i'm using milkman in app purchase ANE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm only guessing here that the ANEs binary might be causing the Apple validation flag. I guess you don't have source for the ANE to recompile it yourself?  Maybe someone else can confirm whether ANE binraries also not recompiled with the latest XCode/AIR SDK can cause problems here. Maybe milkman support can comment, run tests, or provide a new test binary to confirm/deny any issue.

I don't see why ANE biraries would not cause the issue, they are compiled into native code separate from your app compilation so if Apple is checking all native code for being compiled with XCode 5 I don't see why these wouldn't fall under the same requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Compiling with AIR 3.9.

Haven't checked for older ANEs but I don't think that should be a problem, should it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gamesdev321

You have read through this thread?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1360918?start=0&tstart=0

Starting Feb 1st, any new iOS submissions are most likely only going to work if built with at least the latest AIR 4.0 SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an idiot. Just downloaded air sdk 4 one more time and it worked. Seems like i had old sdk 4.0

Thank you Jeffrey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ok great, so the submission worked even without recompiling the ANE too? Good to know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa no, I hadn't seen it before. Very recent stuff apparently. Thanks for pointing that out, I'm downloading the AIR 4.0 SDK and will try as soon as it is downloaded. Will post back with results to keep anyone interested updated on the issue status.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I have been googling for a few hours without a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yep, I just upgraded to AIR 4.0 from the download link on the other thread and it uploaded without a problem! Also I didn't recompile any ANEs, only the main package.

Thank you very much for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to AIR 4.0 but still cannot upload to iTunes, still stuck with the rror ""ERROR ITMS-9000 - This bundle is invalid. Apple is not currently accepting applications built with this version of the SDK"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That suggests that you got AIR from here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

You need to get the one from here:

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/air.html

The version number should be 4.0.0.1619.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick answer Colin all sorted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and using the AIR SDK 4.0 build 4.0.0.1619 from :

http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/air/air4-0_sdk_win.zip

works for me (or to be specific, at least I was able to submit it to the app store without the "This bundle is invalid. Apple is not currently accepting applications built with this version of the sdk" message.  Dev environment is:

Windows machine, swf created on Flash Pro CS5.5

Windows machine, packaged swf for iOS with SDK 4.0 using commandline arguments on Windows

xferred to Mac, unzipped, rezipped payload app, then uploaded to iTunes using Application Loader 2.9 (439)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up,

We submitted with the latest version of the AIR SDK, along with at least a dozen ANEs, and it passed their pre-screening (meaning it made it past their automated review filters and was put into "In Review")

Hope this helps others...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imagine you mean “waiting for review”. Only once, in a special request case, did I see something go into review in about a day. Usually it’s about five to eight days before it’s “in review”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, you're right. That's exactly what I meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Colin and everyone,

Thank you for your suggestion, I'm likewise having this issue, and while updating to the beta labs v.4.0.0.1619 creates a package that can be uploaded via the application loader, right after it uploads, I now keep getting an 'invalid binary' message and keeps telling me the iPhone 5 splash image is missing even though it's bundled, and a previous version prior to February 1st, went through just fine without a hitch. Did anyone have to do anything different like edit the xml files to include the 120x120, 76x76, and 152x152 icons required by iOS7, etc.? I tried directly loading/bundling the new icons, and even edited the application.xml to include these in the app bundle, yet, I still keep getting the vague 'invalid binary' error. I am not using any ANEs on this build. Any suggestions from anyone is greatly appreciated!

thank you,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the splash screen Default-568h@2x.png is missing. Create it (1136x640), name it exactly like that and it should sort things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'm an idiot, please disregard the above message. I had not compiled via adt command line in a while, and that worked perfectly fine. Some hints for other CS6 only users out there:

a) After creating the swf file, edit your yourappname-app.xml file so that you include the 3 new icon sizes in the icon section: (example)

<icon>

<image29x29>icons/29.png</image29x29>

<image57x57>icons/57.png</image57x57>

<image114x114>icons/114.png</image114x114>

<image512x512>icons/512.png</image512x512>

<image48x48>icons/48.png</image48x48>

<image72x72>icons/72.png</image72x72>

<image120x120>icons/120.png</image120x120>

<image76x76>icons/76.png</image76x76>

<image152x152>icons/152.png</image152x152>

</icon>

(of course make sure the new icons are in that location you specify and also make sure you have the Default-568h@2x.png splash for iPhone 5).

b) Then fire up a command line (I'm using Windows 7), and for a straight ios app build with no anes, etc:

adt -package -target ipa-app-store -storetype pkcs12 -keystore

yourappname.p12 -provisioning-profile 

yourappname_appstore.mobileprovision yourappname.ipa

yourappname-app.xml yourappname.swf icons Default-568h@2x.png

(my silly mistake also was not having updated my windows path so that the adt command fires off for the latest 4.0.0.1619 beta labs SDK.)

c) The compiled .ipa file contains, voila, those new icons as the default icon names and the application.xml file in meta-data also contains the new lines, and when uploaded, goes through, and no 'invalid binary' anymore.

Hope this helps,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem except instead of "This Bundle is invalid", I'm getting many, many "Invalid Bundle Structure" errors upon submission to Apple.

This is after overlaying AIR SDK 13 on my previous 3.9.

The errors specifically state that the app can only contain one executable file.   Does this mean I did the overlay wrong?  I used this as a guide:  http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/how-overlay-air-sdk-flex-sdk.html.

Meanwhile when I publish ad hoc and put it on a testing device, no problem.  Judging by the dates of this, and another (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1360918?start=0&tstart=0) thread, everyone else has worked through this.  Awesome.  Would really appreciate any advice you'd be willing to give.

EDIT:   Please ignore this, totally solved.  I just hadn't adjusted the package contents after overlaying the new SDK.  I don't like abusing the woo hoo, but in this case:  woo frickin' hoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2014 Mar 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An other thing I've noticed with recent App Store uploads are that the version number in the application.xml is checked against the version number of the app in iTunes Connect.  As far as I'm aware this is only a warning at this stage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody been able to upload an iOS app this week? I've been getting "not a valid application bundle" all week on every app I try to upload - whether it's compiled in AIR 4.0 or AIR 14.

I'd like to rule out whether the problem is on my end or theirs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines