• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security update for AIR 1.5 -- Mac PPC

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Security Bulletin APSB10-16 indicates that AIR v2.0.2 and earlier need to be replaced, but since v2 only works on Mac Intel platforms, I need an update for v1.5.3.  If not, what's the work-around?  Uninstall AIR?

TOPICS
Performance issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2010 Aug 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Adobe has discontinued support for PowerPC-based computers and the Windows 2000 operating system on Adobe AIR 2 and will no longer provide security updates for Adobe AIR on these platforms.  For full system requirement details, please see our AIR System Requirements page.

Customers are highly encouraged to stay on the latest AIR release available for their platform to ensure that they are on the most secure version available.  For access to the last PowerPC supported runtime and SDK (AIR 1.5.3) please see our Archived Adobe AIR Runtime and SDK Versions page.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply Chris.  I understand that you cannot continue to support older versions as you move forward, but Adobe has made exceptions in the past with other legacy software when security is concerned and there are millions of PPC platforms still in use.  I was hoping that an exception might be made here, as well.

I've come up with a work-around by replacing the Flash Player.plugin within the Adobe AIR.Framework.  Seems to be working and should take care of at least the flash security issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very resourceful (and of course unsupported ) work-around!

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines