• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XCode 5.1 updated and now I can't debug AIR apps on iOS Simulator anymore

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today XCode updated itself to version 5.1, with new iOS 7.1 platform support. It updated itself without asking permission, and now I can't run my AIR apps on the iOS simulator anymore. All my apps fail with the following error:

'Launching [myApplication]' has encountered a problem.

Error occurred while installing the application:

dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient.framework/Versions/A/iPhoneSimulatorRemoteClient

Referenced from: /Applications/AIR_SDKS/AIRSDK_4.0.0.1628/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb

Reason: image not found

/var/folders/g1/014r026919j9fkv085ypt31r0000gn/T/cmd7720052456329253213.tmp: line 1:  2126 Trace/BPT trap: 5       "/Applications/AIR_SDKS/AIRSDK_4.0.0.1628/lib/aot/bin/isb/isb" "-install" "-apppath" "/var/folders/g1/014r026919j9fkv085ypt31r0000gn/T/eb03981d-5689-4bb5-821c-78ca84086393/Payload/[myApplication].app" "-sdkpath" "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator7.1.sdk"

I use AIR SDK 4.0.1628 (the latest version according to the SDK download page today), and it doesn't make a difference if I choose another simulator version (7.0 and 6.1 fail the same way).

I'm developing in Flash Builder 4.7, on OS X 10.9.2

Any ideas of how to fix this? Will using the AIR 13 beta help?

Thanks, Frank

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also upgrade to Flash CC 2014.  As Colin Holgate wrote, it should now be able to do all this for you with no command line. We'll be back to where we were 6 months ago when it all just worked using Flash CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Finally i was able to submit to app-store using Flash CS6.0 .

Steps:

1) Download the latest air sdk for windows/mac  ( air-14 sdk right now ) 

2) Open Flash CS6.0 => Go to help section ==> Manage SDK ==> provide the path of the newly downloaded SDK

3) Publish Settings ( change the SDK to newest one)

Worked for me.

Vishwas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you didn’t get any messages from Apple about missing certain icon sizes? That won’t cause the app to be rejected, but it is one example of something where CC 2014 does something that CS6 can’t do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had got errors at first but i solved those by including the required icons. However, there were some warnings lasted, but i did not care. But i think, those too could be sorted out, by including the icons they ask about. So, if those icons are included, the warnings too would get away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that CS6 deletes those icons as you do the publish, so you have to use the command line if you want to publish with those icons. Or use CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmm.. i actually did not notice it. Because, i thought, that i just did not specify those icons. Will see it next time, i publish it.

The problem with command line is, that it doesnot include the embedded mobileprovision. And that causes it to get rejected by appstore.

So, yes, may be in that case Flash CC is the last choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The command line does include the provisioning profile. it’s the -provisioning-profile part of the line you type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, i am not talking about the command line argument and value.

I am talking about file named "embedded.mobileprovision", which you can find inside the IPA. ( which is a kind of zip file).

So, whenever, i use command line, that file is missing.

But whenever i use flash cs6 ide, i can see that file.

So, when submitting to appstore, if i use IPA generated by command line, it rejects saying, that mobileprovision file is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did tests, and publishing from Flash Pro or the commandline, I get the embedded provisioning profile inside the .APP file. But then I’m using AIR 14, and it could be that was fixed at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked fine for me using the command line I sent earlier. Are you using a distribution cert or a development cert for your mobileprovision file? It must be a distribution cert to get accepted on iTunes store.

And Colin is right, CS6 strips out the icons for iOS 7 when it publishes the ipa, even if you put them in the xml file by hand. You are certain to get rejected without these icons ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, that part isn’t true. A colleague made this app and had to use CS6 because of strange Flex embed issues in Flash Pro CC, and so we saw the email about missing icons. It’s not only in the store, Apple featured it as one of the best new apps (currently in 4th place in that list):

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/red-hot-+-bach/id887593652?mt=8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded it today. And  i did not get it rejected. However i did get the warnings in the application loader. But that did not stop uploading it.

And yes, i had downloaded the AIR SDK for windows today only. So might be, it got fixed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was already an issue with earlier Xcode. Can you try updating to yesterday’s release of Flash Pro CC 2014? That has the iOS Simulator testing fixed in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simulator is finally working in Flash CC 2014! Now they just need to fix the Format Code error that changes "Vector.<T>" into "Vector. < T >" (causing an error when it compiles because the space after the ".")!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was this ever resolved? I have Flash CC 2015 should I expect to see this issue or are we good now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines