• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate importing video error

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hii so i'm creating a rotoscoping project for a school assignment using animate but i am having trouble importing my video into the timeline. The video format is .MOV and I have selected “embed H.264 video in timeline (design time only - the video cannot be exported)”. Once I have pressed “browse” and have chosen my video, there is an error saying “the video format you have selected is not valid for embedding to the timeline. Please select an H.264 video.” I am unsure on what to do to fix it. Could someone please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

do you know your mov file has h.264 compression?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

You need to encode it using H264 compression - open Adobe Media Encoder or another video-based application and export it using H264 compression and then try importing again to Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

I tested importing a .MOV that  was H.264, and it worked fine. Which suggests your .MOV is not H.264. If you are on a Mac you could open the .MOV in QuickTime Player, then File/Export As, and choose one of the sizes you are given. If you see a choice about what format to use, choose H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be the particular formating of the video. Can you give the full property details of your MOV file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you know your mov file has h.264 compression?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to encode it using H264 compression - open Adobe Media Encoder or another video-based application and export it using H264 compression and then try importing again to Animate.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested importing a .MOV that  was H.264, and it worked fine. Which suggests your .MOV is not H.264. If you are on a Mac you could open the .MOV in QuickTime Player, then File/Export As, and choose one of the sizes you are given. If you see a choice about what format to use, choose H.264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks so much, this worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case, H.264 would be a standard .MP4 most of the time. Try that instead of a .MOV container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may matter on PC, not sure. On Mac it copes with any valid container format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines