Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate UI 2020 2021

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have been working on animate/flash for 20 years now and I must say that the new interface poses a big workflow problem. I am forced to work on the 2019 version.
I saw on the forums the disappointment of some like me and that the necessary would be done for this new 2021 version but it is not. the problem still exists.
have you planned a fix for this because it worries me?

animate_UI.jpg

thank you for enlightening me !

bye !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't know what differences you're trying to show though the most obvious differences in your screenshot are customizable (windows>workspaces) so the panel layouts in the two would be identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm talking about that, why it is so big ? 

animate_UI2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see any difference in width and maybe a slight different in height (and both are adjustable within limits).

in any case, with 20 years experience you probably know as much as i do about adjusting and customizinig the panels so if it doesn't work for you, it doesn't work for you. 

but if you can be more precise about what you don't like, you can make suggestions to adobe here, https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it will help to understand my problem

But maybe I don't know how to customize the panels actually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue , (Animate 21 / windows 10)
but if I change view in /Window/ Work Space / change from  something like "Little screen" (my UI is in french), to "standard", I can change the width of the properties panel, it's still cut (right part of buttons and selectors hidden )  but It's less annoying.
Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you should wait to see if someone else can better understand what you're trying to convey. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is the interactive part of the panel is too large and doesn't fit in the panel itself. You can see it goes off the border. In 2020, it would instead be resized alongside the panel so this would never happen, same as what the swatches do when you make the panel narrower. Right now, we have to make the panel really wide to be able to see the full sliders and range of options and it is a disaster for the workflow. If you know of any Windows options to sort this out, would you mind explaining how to do it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The UI of AA is too big to fit into the screen. As you can see in the screenshot I would require another Screen under my current screen just to export.Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They want to maximize the stage space while still having access to all the tools. Currently the UI is very much designed with tablets in mind, so all the buttons and such are bigger and take up more room. Their bringing up the side panel because you need to pull out the panel really far in order to fully access the options, shrinking the stage.

The current UI is big, it takes up more screenspace away from the stage for not that much benefit to those not working on a tablet. I'd very much love an option to scale down the UI more to reflect how it is in the 2019 version. If you're using a stylus on desktop, the UI doesn't need to be that big and it's a frustrating user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched both videos and I also don't fully understand the complaint. The are the panels are using seem very similar to me. Is it the layout or the spacing?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for my lack of clarity, I will try to be more precise.

In the video of Animate 2021, I show how I have to pull on the property panel to access certain options (little pencil) such as movement settings. I do not understand why the elements of the panel do not fit when the panel is smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there is somebody how have the same problem, take a look, maybe he explains better than me

https://community.adobe.com/t5/animate/properties-panels-interface-doesn-t-resize-properly/m-p/11628...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see what the problem is however, weirdly, I don't seem to have this problem! If I pull the panel to it's smallest size, everything moves to fit. Not a solution, I know, but another users experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines