• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio cutting scene to scene

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever dialogue or music is supposed to carry over into the next scene, there is a noticeable cut. How do I fix this?
For example when a character talks in scene 1 and the line finishes on scene 2, the audio cuts out for a split second before continuing. Doesn't flow seamlessly

I've been suggested to put everything in one scene or add all the audio in Adobe Premiere, but I would prefer if I could do everything in Animate and thought I'd get some second opinions. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

So after about a day of trying to fix the issue, here's how I settled with a solution:

Yes, doing everything in one scene is the way to go. I ended up organizing my scenes in layer folders as suggested, and using WAV form audio. That seems to work a lot better than mp3 when it comes to splicing audio into new scenes and audio scrubbing in general. 

Since my project is bigger, after abt a dozen scenes I'll switch to a new FLA file, but only when there's no audio merging into new scenes. That way th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't use scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see... this is the second time I've gotten this recommendation, so I suppose it really is the way to go about things. The issue is now that I've already prepared about 50-ish scenes, and I thought I was practicing basic animator rules. It just seems so hard to believe that there isn't a way to fix this? Or is this what Adobe naturally does to audio?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNwUsRDSqM0&t=1191s This video does what I am attempting and everything seems fine ;;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's a way to fix it, but it won't be seemless. ie, with coding your sound will stop at the end of one scene and restart where it left off at the next scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merge those Scenes by cutting/pasting the frame blocks. 

Organise your Timeline using Graphic Symbol containers and Layer Folders.

Never use Scenes again. They are considered to be bad practice.

Depending on the scope and size of your project, you may also separate sections of your film in different FLAs and then do the final cut in a video editor, such as Premiere.

A couple of links you may (or may not) find useful:

https://flash-powertools.com/workflow/

https://flash-powertools.com/character-rigging-for-flash-animation/

https://flash-powertools.com/organic-animation-and-cinematic-look/

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do I do for splicing audio into new FLA files? Even when one audio file is spliced, copy and then pasted into the new file, it seems to be a jarring cut when the new file is added in (though to be fair, I didn't use Premiere and instead VSDC) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

audio in one layer with sync set ti event will play from beginning to end. or just use code to play and not be dependent on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after about a day of trying to fix the issue, here's how I settled with a solution:

Yes, doing everything in one scene is the way to go. I ended up organizing my scenes in layer folders as suggested, and using WAV form audio. That seems to work a lot better than mp3 when it comes to splicing audio into new scenes and audio scrubbing in general. 

Since my project is bigger, after abt a dozen scenes I'll switch to a new FLA file, but only when there's no audio merging into new scenes. That way there wont be a notable cut, since the skip still occurs if I were to try and merge sound in another file. That's the best I can do ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to be late answering this, but if you want to have seamless audio across scenes, import the full sound into scene 1, and where the animation ends for scene 1 you can select that frame in the audio layer, and choose Split Audio. Then Cut the audio after the split, and paste that in frame 1 of the next scene. That then plays back perfectly.

One thing, it's worth using WAV and not MP3. MP3 data is in packets, and may not split quite as seamlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that is exactly what I intend to do. Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines