• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not playing in Timeline

Participant ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported an audio file to my project. i tried both wav and mp3. I can hear it in the test but it does not play in the timeline. I have it set to stream, tried other settings there and it's still not playing.

This is the very latest update as of Jan 31. I do this all the time and for some reason today it's giving me trouble.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

I can confirm sound is now broken after the most recent update 😞
I jusyt updated and all of my current files with sound that have worked for weeks now won't play the sound at all. This is bad but hoping for a fix asap as my projects have come to a halt 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Hi Dave - There is an issue with an authortime audio playback on Mac in Animate version 22.0.3. we are investigating it. You may consider using version 22.0.2 till this issue is resolved. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

I'll update here as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open the sound(s) in audition and resave with 16bit 44khz.  reimport and rety.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kglad that did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm sound is now broken after the most recent update 😞
I jusyt updated and all of my current files with sound that have worked for weeks now won't play the sound at all. This is bad but hoping for a fix asap as my projects have come to a halt 😞

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave - There is an issue with an authortime audio playback on Mac in Animate version 22.0.3. we are investigating it. You may consider using version 22.0.2 till this issue is resolved. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

I'll update here as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@timaging Just wanted to let you know that the issue of audio not playing in Timeline and Library on Mac is fixed in Animate v22.0.4 update released today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud desktop app.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is back! 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pederv13227570 

what animate version?

does your sound play ok in the animate library, but not in the timeline with the sound's sync property set to stream?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.2.1 (build 3) And im not sure what the Animate library is? Is it where i import the sound? 
I think mabey it's a render preview issue. 

I tried roling back to 22 version, but its the same! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can import to stage or import to library, but with both the sound will be listed in the library (window>library).  after selecting it in the library, there will be graphic of the sound in the top library panel and a play button.  press the play button.

and your sound's sync property?

and your sound plays when testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are writing 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@pederv13227570 

then you can't say the issue is back.  ie, if you don't understand my questions, you don't appear to understand the previous posters issue.

i suggest you start a new thread and explain the problem you're seeing instead of adding your comments to a thread that's probably unrelated to what you're seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same issue where my audio isn't playing and ha no sound. I followed your instructions and when I clicked play  in the library panel button, it doesn't play any audio. What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

confirm it's not a fla problem by uploading your fla and having someone test it.  (you may have already done that using another thread).

if it works for someone else, create a new fla, save to a desktop folder and import your sound it it and test (with nothing else in the your fla).  if the sound fails in that, too you have a system setting issue (eg, muting of animate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They tested it and said that there is audio.

when I created a new fla and put the sound, there was none. The thing I find interesting is that when I click "test movie", there is sound in that. I also checked and found that my animate was not muted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you create a new fla per my suggestion and test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. When I click play (Enter), there is no sound. When I click "Test Movie", there is sound. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a setting is muting your animate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, any idea what that setting might be? Is it a setting in my windows settings or an Adobe Animate setting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll try to find the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your settings > sound > advanced sound options > animate.

this is win 10:

kglad_0-1691763386815.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same issue as him and done everything like you said. It doesn't work when playing the sound on timeline but if i click 'test movie' it plays. I currently have adobe animates 2024 24.0 and i have windows 11

and i dont see a "advanced sound options" is there anything i can do to fix this? This bug made be stop using adobe animates for a bit. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Isaiah332391270c2r 

click your sound's keyframe (where it starts)

copy and paste a screenshot of your properties panel and the timeline where that keyframe is selected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-11-10 193308.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines