• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get imported video to play in Adobe Animate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have imported a video to my animate project (converting it to the proper format using the encoder beforehand), but I can't seem to get it to actually play in the gif I export. For context, it's meant to represent the computer screen someone is watching. I've attached the exported gif. What causes this to happen and is there a way to activate the "play" feature of the video?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Exporting to video is able to run code, such as what is used to play an FLVPlayback component. Exporting to animated gif is just a series of stills, the video won't have been played at all.

If you have a way to convert video into FLV, you could import that and embed it in the timeline. That should then animate in the gif. Alternately, you could export an image sequence from Adobe Media Encoder, then import that into Animate. It will become a symbol, which you can make be a Graphic. Then its fram

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting to video is able to run code, such as what is used to play an FLVPlayback component. Exporting to animated gif is just a series of stills, the video won't have been played at all.

If you have a way to convert video into FLV, you could import that and embed it in the timeline. That should then animate in the gif. Alternately, you could export an image sequence from Adobe Media Encoder, then import that into Animate. It will become a symbol, which you can make be a Graphic. Then its frames should export in the gif.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks so much! For the record I got it to work by exporting an image sequence from the encoder, importing that into a new layer using "import to stage", then using "edit multiple frames" to resize and move the image sequence to where it needed to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines