• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Could not access the digital certificate. unable to load a certificate in this file”

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok im started new thread cause existed was marked as solved.

I cant publish android apk with my old certificate. But i need this cause i cant update my old android games with new created certificates.

Dear Adobe team can you say how much time you need to fix this? Im not alone.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Hi,

In case if you want to use Animate CC 2017 with the old 1024 RSA certificate then you can do the following

Prerequisite: Install Animate CC 2015.2 so that you have the older version of Java installed at

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2015.2\jre

Steps:

1. Quit any version of Animate if it is running

2. Copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2015.2\jre

3. Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\jre folder to say C:\Program Files\Commo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think this is an animate cc 2017 issue on mac's.  is that what you're seeing?

if so, try animate cc 2015, Download and install Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7

tnx for link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i haven't seen that problem reported for win 7 but i would try 2015 anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on OSX. I think we should stop working with Adobe Air! Last night I had to update some apps. It takes hours of time to install working SDKs and CC versions. In one of my apps all buttons are deactivated after updating to SDK 23-25. CC 2017 doesn't load old certificates. After export nothing works. The best working combination was CC 2015 and SDK 22. One of my apps must be delete from store now cause there's no way to downgrade it again.

PLEASE GIVE US AN UPDATE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I checked with the teams and they have logged a bug for it and it is under investigation. I will post here if I receive additional info.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This is an AIR issue with the latest Java update. AIR team looking into it.

Thanks!
Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue on Adobe Animate 2017.2 on Windows 10 x64 with JRE-32 8u112 installed

Creative Cloud does not allow to install CC 2015 or 2017.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried installing 2015.2 using the steps provided at Download and install Creative Cloud apps ?

Here is a KB article detailing the issue

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/rsa1024-certificate-issue-with-adt-tool.html

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 2017.1 and it works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Creative Cloud 4.0.1188 and it does not have "Previous Versions" submenu in "Filters & Versions" section.

Is there any way to convert p12 to format compatible with 2017.2 having same sha1 fingerprint? All android updates uploaded to google play console must have same sha1 fingerprint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Are you running a trial version of Creative Cloud? The trial version will not have that option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 2017.1 and can build android app with an old certificate.

What can I do with my p12 certificate if I want to use future versions of Adobe Animate (2017.2+) for making updates to my android application (same sha1 fingerprint)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't change your old p12; just save it. maybe a future animate version will allow you to use your old certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In case if you want to use Animate CC 2017 with the old 1024 RSA certificate then you can do the following

Prerequisite: Install Animate CC 2015.2 so that you have the older version of Java installed at

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2015.2\jre

Steps:

1. Quit any version of Animate if it is running

2. Copy C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2015.2\jre

3. Rename C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\jre folder to say C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Animate CC 2017\orig_jre

4. Paste the jre folder that you have copied in step 2

5. Launch Animate CC 2017 and publish your android app using the older 1024 RSA certifcate

Please note that this is just a brute-force method and not a certified/recommended workflow.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this bug ? When can we expect to see a patch ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The 1024 certificate created using ADT is not compatible with the latest Java and the fix cannot be done in AIR or Animate. Here is a KB article detailing the issue

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/rsa1024-certificate-issue-with-adt-tool.html

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are we sure that in 3 or 5 years, The 1024 certificate will still be supported ? Because if we want to update our app on Google Play for the next years, we will still need our same 1024 certificate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered this issue today (October, 2017). Funny thing is, five minutes ago I was able to publish to my testing iPad using a newly-generated certificate and brand-new provisioning profile. Then I shut down Animate CC.2017 and relaunched it. Tried to publish again, and now I'm getting the error.

But literally nothing has changed between those two attempts.

I seriously doubt installing cc.2015 and copying a jar file will fix this issue. What else could be at play here? It's a brand-new certificate that I issued today; it was working 5 minutes ago and now it's not after a restart of the application.

Any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, a shut down and reboot of the whole system (mac) actually solved this issue. I'm dumbfounded, but happy to have been able to release the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the process for getting it to work on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monan,

thank you very much, you have also helped me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it is worth, this process does work, thank you.  It truly is just copying a JRE folder from a previous version and putting it in place of the current version.  It was painful, though, to spend all that time trying and testing and wondering what could be wrong with my settings/certificate/password, so I hope other users find this info sooner than I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that this method worked to a degree, but wasn't completely without problems. It seems like some issues were caused by ANEs, and this was causing errors when compiling (only with 1024RSA cert though).

In summary:

A: My app would compile fine on a new 2048 RSA (including all my ANEs).

B: By following the 'brute force' method, I could get it to compile on the old 1024 RSA but not with all ANEs running.

The ANE that seemed to trip it was either the Milkman storekit, or milkman google play services.

I do need these ANEs moving forward, though. So, to cut a long story short... after throwing a bunch of time and money at investigating and fixing it, I eventually just released a new version on new cert and took my licks. It kind of sucks to start over though, cos my old app had a good ratings history and some momentum... but you know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem with Milkman ANE. Has anyone figured out how to fix that? Would migrating to FlashBuilder help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines