Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Embedding HTML Into Flash?

Aug 11, 2010 Aug 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me start with the fact I only know some AS2. AS3 tends to go over my head. So I'm using Flash 8

If I need FlashCS5 to do this, then, PLEASE, let me know.

Here's the situration.

I manage and build a number of sites. Many are parts of a network. The goal is to join them all as one. Both without using php (don't know php), and without having to leave primary page. A Flash Site is the plan. But that is a TON of work to re-create entire sites flash that are already large and established.

So I got to thinking. What if I embed the HTML/CSS sites into Flash itself? That way they can still make their changes and it'll effect both the HTML version as well as it's mirror/portal via the Flash site?

In Short:

I want to embed this page on one frame in Flash:

http://www.uga-international.com/About.html

And place a link to another KeyFrame that has this page/site embeded:

http://www.melholder.com/MAIN.html

How would I go about doing this?

====

Then it got me thinking even more. If this works, would it be possible to load a SWF video player (Webstunning FLV Player) into Flash and run it as if it's part of the Flash site?

I thought the Loader Component would do this for me. But it keeps saying it can't locate the "playList.xml" file. The player has outside files it referances. This eoor prevent the player.swf from playing period.

So how would I go about getting the loader to player external .SWF files that referance external .XML files?

Here are two sample pages using different .SWF files that referance external .XML files:

http://www.melholder.com/index.html

http://www.dovm.org/TEST1a/Test1a.html

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

you're welcome.

p.s.  please mark this thread as answered, if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash textfields have a very limited number of html tags they can parse.  you're not likely to find an html page, that will display as you expect, in flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input. But any info/tutorial concerning it would help a great deal.

I'm mostly interested in importing external SWF files the referance outside files. like the samples i provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loaded files are generally relative to the main swf's embedding html location.  so, if you have a swf that's in some directory and it loads an xml file without problem but you then load that swf into another swf that's in a different directory (ie, the two swfs are in different directories), the loaded swf needs to have the path to the xml file changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I've checked all of the links. They are all complete URLs and both SWFs are in the same folder. But Flash is giving a loading error of the imported SWF instead of the external file. It's getting a bit irritating to say the least.

I've just (yes I said 'just') figured out Iframes in Dreamweaver and Hotspots. It has allowed me to fake what I'm trying to do in Flash.

But don't Flash have a similar feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2010 Aug 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does flash allow you to load html pages into iframes?  yes.  use getURL() with the 2nd parameter identifying the iframe name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Um. Could you, please, give me a little walkthrough on the process with a blank canvas.

I don't know where to start that process in Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2010 Aug 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

copy and paste your frameset encoding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you help and patience.

But your last statement "copy and paste your frameset encoding" just got me lost.

In Flash, I know how to use the "MyLoader" to load an outside file (but loading HTML pages in it does not work) But it only has these Parameter options:

autoLoad:True

contentPath: "URL goes here

autoScale:True

I also know how to point a button's AS2 to open a URL page.

on (release) {
getURL("URL Link Goes Here",_blank);

}

Those are the only pointing methods I know.

Now that I think about it. do I change the "_blank"  part of the AS2 code to the name of the Iframe instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2010 Aug 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, you change _blank to match your frame name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

woot! I had it in my head that worked only with old school framesets.

Just tried it and it works great.

Another piece of knowledge gained by way of kglad!

Thanks bro...

as example:

a flash function:

function goToUrl():void

{

navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.example.com"), "myIFrame");

}

or for your AS2 version:

on (release) {
     getURL("URL Link Goes Here","myIFrame");

}

and the iframe bit in html:

<iframe id="myIFrame" width="800" height="600">

</iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2010 Aug 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

p.s.  please mark this thread as answered, if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2010 Aug 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I'm currently going through Jury Duty this week. And have no electrisity at home.

The moment I can get this tested (at the office) I'll post a reply.

If answered, I'll mark it as so.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.

Thank you. I got it to work via Flash (www.sespiderproductions.com).

I still would like to know how to load a website into Flash, but the Iframe allows me to fake it enough to get by.

I'm still having trouble with loading a SWF (that access outside files) into flash that without loading issues. But I'll deal with that some other time.

Like I said, I can fake it for now.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2010 Aug 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys its pretty cool, Finally i found a very good method of loading html content URL inside Flash. Try with any Jquery API i have used bPopup.js.

From flash pass any URL to this js method and embed all the required Jquery API's:

<script src="assets/jquery.bpopup-0.9.4.min.js"></script>

<script src="assets/jquery.easing.1.3.js"></script>

<script src="assets/scripting.min.js"></script>

<script language="javascript">

function openModalWindow(url)

{ 

document.getElementById("popup2").innerHTML = "<iframe id='myIFrame' src='" + url + "'frameborder='0'></iframe>";

$('#popup2').bPopup();

}

</script>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If any one required the full source code i can provide demo sample.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2014 Jul 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to see your sample!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also desparate to peak into it.

Me trying to load automaticaly generated .html into SWF within same place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get a demo sample?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2015 Mar 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow man.  You take the name FlashNeverDies, bump a 4 year old thread with some revelation for everyone, offer to post source code, and then disappear.  Thanks for kicking us all in the no no parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would be very interested as well to get your demo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines