• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Error 1120) Access of undefined property

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm fairly new to ActionScripting but I have been working on my project mainly graphics and until now needed to start the coding but I have ran into a error that I can't figure out the solution to I have been looking at other posts about the same error but everything that was said won't work for me. I have the correct instance name set, the symbol is on the right frame, tried turning off Advanced Layers, and I still can't figure out a solution so if I can get help on this I'd greatly appreciate it thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Thanks.

dog_1 is a Graphic instance. In AS3 documents, instances of this type of symbol cannot be referenced directly like this. You'll need to convert it or change its behavior to MovieClip.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Is it possible that dog_1 is actually the symbol name and not the instance name?

If that's not the case, do you mind sharing a screenshot with this dog instance selected and the Properties panel visible?

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for reply but dog_1 is the instance name.

image_2024-04-08_094501840.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

dog_1 is a Graphic instance. In AS3 documents, instances of this type of symbol cannot be referenced directly like this. You'll need to convert it or change its behavior to MovieClip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this worked! Thank you for the help I was stuck on this for a few hours yesterday and I can't believe it was as simple as that. Now I know for my future self.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep, no other possibility than there's nothing in the properties panel instance name or there's typo there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply but I checked the spelling and the instance name on stage and in the code are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that ss from same frame as your code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's on the same frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the screenshot of it.

Screenshot 2024-04-08 100012.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines