• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with pen input on Surface Pro 4 running windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be surprised to find that a solution is available somewhere on this site, but I'm having trouble finding it and hoping that ya'll can help direct me. The few threads I've found are all at least a few years old and deal with similar, but slightly different problems.

I'm using Animate CC on a windows Surface Pro 4 running windows 10, everything have been updated to the latest and greatest versions available as of this posting. 

OK, so the problem; when using animate my pen input (standard surface pen) jumps up about 1 inch from the point of contact. From there it's pressure sensitive and tracks the pen motion fine, but it stays at the elevated level. There is a line from the initial point of contact to where the input jumps too.

The pen input works fine in all other adobe and windows products that I have. The error appears to be directly related to animate and the pen input as I can use my finger and the mouse pad and both work fine. 

I've attached a screen shot of my workspace that shows several examples of the error. The bottom of each line is where the pen touches the screen. It jumps from there up and tracks up, down, left, and right. 

Any help ya'll can provide towards fixing the error so I draw and animate again would be greatly appreciated. 

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

There are plenty of topics here, mate. At least one per day. The problem is real and there is no solution, only promises.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are plenty of topics here, mate. At least one per day. The problem is real and there is no solution, only promises.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I have had this problem for a while and only just fixed it, I updated everything which didn't fix it.

But I turned off "Hold to right-click" and that seems to have done the trick.

I hope that helps if this is still a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There is a fix available for these drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.5.1) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta) --> Press OK
  2. Open a new/created document for the changes to take place.

Note: Please be aware Windows Ink option is a beta version and if you face any stylus interaction issues over Application/Tools, switch back Tablet Input to Wintab mode in Preferences.

Also we have made much more improvements/bug fixes to Windows Ink option internally and it will be available soon in upcoming release.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This doesn't work. Latest updates as of Sept 13 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines