• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i use frame picker?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i started to use it,it didnt work the how to's were confusing and i dont know how to use this can someone help meh?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

You're probably not using a Graphic symbol. As said above it does not work with a Movie clip, only a Graphic Symbol which you can change by right clicking the symbol in the Library and selecting Properties. The workflow is basically:

• Place the symbol on the timeline...
  • Select the symbol.
  • Pick the Frame Picker and you'll see whatever you've placed inside that symbol. The symbol MUST be selected.
  • Scrub your audio until you find where you want the mouth to change... tThe audio needs to be on Stream n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Frame Picker is meant to work only for a Graphic symbol so please ensure that the selected object on stage is of Graphic type in Properties panel. It displays all the frames inside a Graphic symbol in a single view and lets you change the 'First Frame' property of the selected Graphic by simple clicking on the frame preview.

Let me know what exactly you're trying to do or what issues you are facing if you still need any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im trying to use it for lip syncing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i watch videos for it they put all of there mouths in one graphic and it works but when i do it it doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're probably not using a Graphic symbol. As said above it does not work with a Movie clip, only a Graphic Symbol which you can change by right clicking the symbol in the Library and selecting Properties. The workflow is basically:

• Place the symbol on the timeline...
  • Select the symbol.
  • Pick the Frame Picker and you'll see whatever you've placed inside that symbol. The symbol MUST be selected.
  • Scrub your audio until you find where you want the mouth to change... tThe audio needs to be on Stream not Event which you can change in the Properties window when the audio is selected.
  • Select that frame with the Selection tool (V)
  • Create a keyframe by hitting F6
  • Select the drawing you want in the frame picker and scrub to the next area you'd like the mouth to change and repeat the steps above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines