Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image on timeline doesn't show in asset library

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm trying to edit an existing animation file by replacing the CTA button image in png format. I see the file on the Timeline but not in the Library, so when I tried to replace the image by importing a replacement image with same file name it didn't work. And it didn't ask me to replace the file. Could someone help me figure out what the cause might be and how I can resolve this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

double click the button to edit its states.  select the states (=frames) you want to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your quick reply. I tried that and attempted to "swap symbol" but the cta button asset I wanted from the library which I just imported to replace the old button doesn't show up as an option 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that button asset a "symbol"?  (eg, a bitmap isn't a symbol.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, thanks for pointing that out - I'm finding it is a symbol. However on the file folder, it shows up as a png file but it's hidden/or doesn't exist in the Adobe Animate image library

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're looking in the wrong place in your library (or it's not a symbol).

why not just replace what's on stage wirh rhe bitmap that you can find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a dumb question, but since I'm a newb to Animate, where can I find the bitmap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you said it's in a file folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right-click, "Show in Library".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines