Import Ai to Stage or Library does nothing

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to CC 2019. Now when I use Import to Stage or Library nothing happens at all. The program does nothing. Does anybody else have this problem? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018
pctechtv​ / all - Just want to let you all know that the update we have pushed for Animate CC 2019 today has the fix for this issue.Please update your copy of Animate CC 2019 to the latest using Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application to avail the fix. In addition, this update has Pressure and Tilt support to Eraser tool and Drag fill enhancements to Paint Bucket tool.Thanks!Mohan

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

It is working for me with AS3 and HTML5 Canvas documents, importing to the stage and to the Library.

Do you mind providing some more info and also maybe a GIF or video?

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video of what is happening. Thanks

Link to video below:

Animate CC 2019 cannot import?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Great news after doing the rollback and upgrade process one more time it works. I am glad Thanks" was what I posted. However, I got too excited when I saw one file open. It seems that it is opening some file to import. At first, it seemed the files it would open were made with the new version (2019) of Ai. Now I just can't tell what is going on. I but know they need to fix this. I will show another video.

Link to video below:

Confused but still no import

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Sorry about this inconvenience.

Yeah. I run some tests here and the importer is behaving weirdly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even when copying and pasting images from AI to AN inconsistencies happen.

One thing I notice though that may help for now is that AN seems to succesfully import AI files that have been saved with the option "Include Linked Files" checked.

Would you mind reporting this bug here?

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Preran​, can you take a look at this?

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, JC. I have reported this to the team, will get back as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team would like you to share the problematic files for investigation. Can you upload them to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the link with me here? That would help.

If you want to share privately, click my picture and use the Message button to share the link.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have shared the file with the product team. Will get back as soon as I hear from them.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JoãoCésar pctechtv

Can you please help us with the following details as we are unable to repro this issue in-house?

1. Is this issue is specific to some .ai files that you are facing this issue consistently when you are importing into Animate?

​2. "Yeah. I run some tests here and the importer is behaving weirdly. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Even when copying and pasting images from AI to AN inconsistencies happen." - is this is true with even the same .ai file that you are trying to import that some time works and some time not?

Any further details that you could provide to narrow down this issue will be super helpful.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mohanaraj​!

Thanks for the feedback.

I tried again and I now I can safely say that the issue happens with AI files that have bitmaps linked instead of embbeded. It happens when I import to the stage, to the Library and even copying and pasting from Illustrator to Animate, with the same or different AI files.

Here is a short demo so you can see the problem. Please notice that I put in each file name a suffix to indicate if the file has linked or embedded bitmaps.

animate_cc_2019_import_ai_files_issues.mp4 - Google Drive

And these are the main specs of my PC laptop:

Operating System

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 7500U @ 2.70GHz 52 °C

Kaby Lake-U/Y 14nm Technology

RAM

16,0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 665MHz (10-10-10-28)

Motherboard

Dell Inc. 09WC1G (U3E1)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 620 (Dell)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce 940MX (Dell) 54 °C

ForceWare version: 391.25

SLI Disabled

Storage

931GB Seagate ST1000LM035-1RK172 (SATA ) 34 °C

111GB Western Digital WDC WDS120G2G0B-00EPW0 (SATA (SSD)) 42 °C

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Realtek Audio

I hope this helps.

Regards,

JC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks much JC, really helpful information!

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team has been able to reproduce this issue and a bug has been logged for it to be fixed in a future update. Thank you for your help, everyone.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI - Seems like this is a Win only issue when any .png image is imported as a linked file in Illustrator and the .ai file is saved with Include Linked Files option Un-checked while saving the file(default). We are looking into this.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any udate on when? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have found the root cause and fixed this internally. The same will be pushed as part of the upcoming update.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have seen multiple updates on the CC apps weeks after I posted this problem. What is the hold up in fixing THIS? Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

pctechtv​ / all - Just want to let you all know that the update we have pushed for Animate CC 2019 today has the fix for this issue.

Please update your copy of Animate CC 2019 to the latest using Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application to avail the fix. In addition, this update has Pressure and Tilt support to Eraser tool and Drag fill enhancements to Paint Bucket tool.

Thanks!

Mohan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We tried with the shared files, Ai import on stage and library is working fine at our end. Is this consistently happening for you? Also, Can you please share your OS details?

Thanks!

Aquib

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar problem, though it appears that checking "include linked files" in AI does work for me. This may or may not be related to the issue where I cannot do anything until the "what's new" video in the start screen has played at least once.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines