Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import swf in After effects : big problem

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I create animated symbols in Animate CC 2019, but the final footage is made in AE

So, in Animate, I export each Movieclip (build as graphic symbols) of my librairy as a swf file to import them in AE (not export as a png sequence because I want to keep the vector aspect of my animations in AE)

But in AE, big bug. Only some pieces of the first frame of my swfs are visible and stay static.

Never had this problem with CS6 (yes, I'm a new CC user)

NB : Import the entire .fla in AE is not the solution for me.

Any efficient solution?

Thanks

TOPICS
Import and export , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand this correctly, I think what you might have to do is drag each movie clip to a new stage (copy + Paste to a new doc) and center it on the stage and then publish to SWF.
Or edit all frames/layers inside each MC so that the animation is centered on the center point ("+")

I think what is happening I something I've experienced when exporting from inside a symbol - the resulting image is off center and cropped. 

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What you say is right, but my main problem is not about center point of my movie clips. It's about AE that doesn't import correctly swf anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may also want to check with the AE team on the AE forum https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/bd-p/after-effects?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=al... to check if there were any changes to the softwae in the recent versions that is affecting your experience.

There will be no support for SWF formats moving forward, so I would advise you to move to another format as soon as you have the time. 

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines