• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing Audio

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to import a wav file into Adobe Animate (ver 23) and the error messages says it can't read the file (wav). I've tried putting it into the Media Encoder with no luck as well. Is there a fix for this?

thanks

TOPICS
Error , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Do you have any audio editing software that can read WAV files, to then check what sample rate and bit depth the sound is? Animate really wants 16 bit, 44.1 KHz (mono or stereo). Usually other formats import but then don't work correctly. If the file doesn't import into anything, it may have something wrong with it.

If you do get it open in something, Audition for example, you can export it as 16 bit 44.1 KHz, for Animate to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any audio editing software that can read WAV files, to then check what sample rate and bit depth the sound is? Animate really wants 16 bit, 44.1 KHz (mono or stereo). Usually other formats import but then don't work correctly. If the file doesn't import into anything, it may have something wrong with it.

If you do get it open in something, Audition for example, you can export it as 16 bit 44.1 KHz, for Animate to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but it did not work. I opened the file in Logic Pro x and it says 48khz at 16 bit but there's no export options for 44 khz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

48khz is a problem.  open in audition and change to 44khz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Converted it to 44 khz in Audition and the file still will not import. Error continues to say problems reading the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upload your wav to a file server and post a link here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to do that but here is a link to a shared file (read only): smb://10.0.0.161. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your wav file imported and played without problem for me.

win 10

kglad_0-1678715628355.png

uninstall animate including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then reinstall animate and retry importing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay/ so I was finally able to get the audio to import as an mp3. I converted the wave file in Audio and it worked. I really appreciate your help and your speedy replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome. (but i don't understand why you couldn't import the wav file.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines