• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers disappear after keyframe

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am a complete noob to animate. I'm sure this is very basic but any help would be appreciated

I am trying to create google display ads(usually use GWD but would like to move to Animate).

I have all my artwork setup and ready to animate. 

For example, I have my headline text at frame 0 and keyframe at frame 15 to nudge up 20 pixels. That part is fine but when I keyframe that layer the rest of the layers disapper.

Layers like the background layer and logo should be visibile throughout the animation.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

TOPICS
Error , How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Hi, This is happening because you are extending the timeline of only 1 layer (headline_one). For other layers to appear, you'll have to extend the timeline of each layer till 15th frame & then you'll be able to see all the content when animation moves to 15th frame.

This can be done by 'CTRL + clicking' 15th frame of every layer (OR click 15th frame of 1st layer & 'Shift + click' 15th frame of last layer) followed by 'Right click -> Insert KeyFrame' (or F6 keyboard shortcut).

You can checkou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to extend those layers to frame 15, too.  you can just add a frame, it need not be a keyframe if nothing changes from 0 to 15 in those layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that fixed it 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, This is happening because you are extending the timeline of only 1 layer (headline_one). For other layers to appear, you'll have to extend the timeline of each layer till 15th frame & then you'll be able to see all the content when animation moves to 15th frame.

This can be done by 'CTRL + clicking' 15th frame of every layer (OR click 15th frame of 1st layer & 'Shift + click' 15th frame of last layer) followed by 'Right click -> Insert KeyFrame' (or F6 keyboard shortcut).

You can checkout the videos being posted in Adobe Animate YouTube channel to get some idea. Following is the URL of one such video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CAvceQL9CQ&list=PLYeXZOOCIwCvX_8um3abica_XzQejQNd3

I also suggest you to try out some of the tutorials available in Animate to get hands-on experience. The tutorials are available under Help menu of Animate (Help -> Hands-On tutorial).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further queries. Thanks!

This video is part of the Learn Along series. It will be useful for beginners interested in learning the basics of Adobe Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. That worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines