• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious Brush bug with Latest AnimateCC Update

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest update for AnimateCC has pretty much broken it for me.

Whenever using the brush tool at any size and any smoothing, after about 2-3 minutes a new window pops up saying 'Animate is processing strokes, Please wait'. System hangs after that and I need to restart the program.

crash 1.pngcrash 2.png

Is there any way to roll back? This is a massive problem and I have deadlines this friday and I can't get any work done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Hi All,

The fix for this issue has been rolled out in the update that we have released today. Please update your copy of Animate CC to the latest (16.5.0.100) using the Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don't see an update yet then you can click on the gear icon in Creative Cloud desktop application and choose 'Check for App Updates' option.

This update also features Custom Easing, Ease Presets support for Shape and Classic Tween, Texture Atlas Export and much more. You can learn more abo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Just sent you a PM with the required details. Please check. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have sent you a PM. Could you please check? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohana,

I've just had the same issue, could I access the beta bug fix too please? It's severely hindering my work

Wacom Intuous Pro

Macbook Pro Late 2015 (Sierra)

Animate CC

Latest drivers and OS and all.

Regards,

Charles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles - just sent you the PM with the required details. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a PM to fix this problem as well, I'm running Yosemite OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you all could send Mohan a private message it would be easier for him to send a few people the information than to track down your contact email address. Use Message on the right of this page:

Mohanaraj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I have a fix too please! I use Animate all day and it's driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Just sent you a PM with the required details, please check. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem as well on Mac and  I am going insane. I just updated to CC from CS3. I was holding out for so long because CS3 is amazing, literally never crashes. Now I am getting this terrible bug...please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moderator has a beta file which is very good. I would just like to say that the older versions of Flash/Animate had a way of sometimes corrupting your .fla irrecoverably if they crashed. I started out with Flash 6 and have used every version. This one is the best. When you install the beta version you have to import your prefs like keyboard shortcuts yourself, unlike the retail CC releases. This beta will fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok great! i will install the beta once i hear from the moderator. can't wait to get this fixed. thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sent you a PM with the required details. Please check. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue is the update still available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Having the same issue!

Win 10, 64bit. Latest CC Animate build.

wacom cintiq 13hd (not a surface)

Also a couple of questions for you:

1. Is this not enough of an issue to roll out a legit update for everyone? Why do we need to PM you for this?

2. I don't work at Adobe so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but what was wrong with the way the smoothing was working before? As far as I could tell the lag between drawing the curve and it becoming smooth was almost non existant - I use Animate on a Mac and a PC daily and I havent felt like it was a problem. Was it a problem on other systems?

3. If the lag was an issue, why was the solution making a pop-up window appear every time "smoothing" was taking place? How is that supposed to improve workflow? Every time I draw a line for longer than 1/2 a second and switch to an eraser to clean it up - "Animate is smoothing, hold up a sec" progress bar appears in the middle of the screen. Its jarring, distracting, and annoying - and it happens every 5-10 seconds.

tl;dr - How is adding an annoying pop-up supposed to help with drawing lag?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also have the same problem, very frustrating. Could you PM me the Beta please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed this problem happening to me on OS Sierra.  Switched off the NVIDIA web driver to the OS X Default Graphics driver and haven't been able to recreate the problem so far.  There is still a lag between quick strokes, which is annoying for sketching purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the things that would provoke the problem was if you had H.264 video in the timeline. I image that it would be affected by which video driver you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wasn't any video in my timeline.  Was just going through a blank canvas sketching really fast, creating blank keys and the problem kept popping up.  Did the same method with the Default Driver, and wasn't able to recreate it.  I've been having issues with the NVIDIA drivers and adobe for awhile now.  Past updates would just freeze my computer when running Animate.  The latest one seems to just cause this "processing stroke" bug.  Working on an iMac late 2012.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happening to me D:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

The fix for this issue has been rolled out in the update that we have released today. Please update your copy of Animate CC to the latest (16.5.0.100) using the Creative Cloud desktop application. If you don't see an update yet then you can click on the gear icon in Creative Cloud desktop application and choose 'Check for App Updates' option.

This update also features Custom Easing, Ease Presets support for Shape and Classic Tween, Texture Atlas Export and much more. You can learn more about this update at https://www.adobe.com/products/animate/features.html

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohan.

The latest update didn't resolve the issue for me. Im still getting the pop-up and its still very distracting.

This is running Win 10 64-bit on a fairly new rig with good power.

I was using an older build of animate on a much older mac the other day and did not have any issues im experiencing on my PC.

Again, the problem for me is not that it takes a second to smooth out the line, but that the pop up appears every time, messing up the workflow and being incredibly annoying. Is it not possible to disable just the pop up, and have the smoothing process happen quietly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked for updates using the gear icon and it says all up to date. There is still a good 1 second lag in between drawing strokes that it takes to smooth out the line and the pop up appears. It makes drawing in flash much more of a hassle, and this is my main vector art program.

Im using a Mobile Studio Pro 16in i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anyone else still runs into this problem with the mobilestudio pro, it's fixed when your battery settings are set to high performance! Yay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines