• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skew stuck on? How to turn off skew while rotating?

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in all my years I've never had this happen before... I'm trying to rotate a symbol and it's like the skew is also stuck on! It won't just rotate like normal, it also skews the image while I rotate. I'm about 3-4 symbols deep within a main symbol. But that symbol right before the raw artwork is where this keeps happening. I go one symbol out, it rotates fine, but try to rotate that first symbol in the lineup and the image also skews while rotating.
I have animation on outer symbols and their keyframes so the symbol I need to rotate is THIS one so I dont have to redo and mess with the outer keyframes but it keeps skewing with rotation.

It's getting incredibly furstrating and I can't do my work properly!! Is this some random new feature? How do I turn this OFF!? I have closed and restarted multiple times and the same keeps happeing. What the heck is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add:
Even when I manually do the rotation by dragging the degrees in the toolbox area, it is STILL skewing yet shows no change in the skew settings ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

It's always been like that. 

Obviously, one of your outer containers is skewed.

If you want to edit without the outer transformations applied, Edit not In Place, i.e. double-click the library item, or reset transformations on the outside.

What they have bugged recently in AA19 and newer (when introducing the so-called advanced layers) is the guides that in the past used to indicate the transformations  correctly.

You may find this article useful: https://flash-powertools.com/understanding-symbol-registration/ 

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips. I'll go check the outer layers and hope that's the issue somewhere. I gave up working yesterday because I was so flippin' frustrated! I've never had this happen though and I've had outer layers skewed before but still able to rotate properly without it skewing within the layer. So I don't know what has changed regarding that and when it did. I don't animate as much as I used to when I worked full time but still on and off for the last few years on jobs and not once did I have this issue. *shrug*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope you soon get it under control, mate.

Good luck!

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines