Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols not animated in timeline

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I created a symbol and put it from my library in the document three times.

When I "test" the film it's all animated, but nothing moves in the timeline preview in the document when I adjust the trigger or push the play button. How can I see the preview even there?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-16 um 20.29.13.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Timeline

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

I think that your symbol is a MovieClip, and that's how they work. If you want to always see them animate when you scrub the timeline, you could select them and in Properties change them to be Graphic instead of MovieClip.

There are a few cases where you would want them to be MovieClips, but if it's only an animation in the symbol, and you have as many frames in the timeline as you do in the symbol, they could be Graphic and still achieve the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that your symbol is a MovieClip, and that's how they work. If you want to always see them animate when you scrub the timeline, you could select them and in Properties change them to be Graphic instead of MovieClip.

There are a few cases where you would want them to be MovieClips, but if it's only an animation in the symbol, and you have as many frames in the timeline as you do in the symbol, they could be Graphic and still achieve the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That helped a lot! Now it works! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines