• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tag error google play console

Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning. I have uploaded my aab file to the google play console and the pre-launch report gives me an error (minor I think):

- This item may not have a label that can be read by a screen reader.

reading in the google support info...

General information
Users of accessibility services (such as screen readers) rely on content tags to understand the meaning of elements displayed in an interface.

In some cases (for example, when an element's information is expressed graphically), content tags provide a textual description of the action or meaning associated with the element.

If elements of a user interface do not provide content labels, it may be difficult for some users to understand the information displayed or perform actions on the interface.

It is important? should i do something?

Thank you so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's several years since I had to submit to Google Play, and things may have changed since then. They have an accessibility API, and if your submission has implied that it will use accessibility options, the app will be checked for things such as screen reader field names.

This article talks about what you need to do if the app is not to use accessibility features:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/10964491?hl=en

Might be worth asking in a Google Play related forum too, though finding one that is for developers may be tricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the reply. I am now understanding... I think the easiest thing for me would be to be able to include the field names of the screen readers (since there are no accessibility resources in my app. But I don't really know how to do it. If you can guide me through Where do I start looking, I appreciate it a lot. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this in the as3 API:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/fl/controls/Label.html

I don't know if these tags will work for the content tags for accessibility that android requests.

Before I implement them, I ask the community if it's not worth trying.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the response from Google Play Console support to the question discussed here:

Hi Joaquin,

Thanks for contacting Google Play Developer Support.

Please review our help center article about content labels. When certain types of Views are used in an interface, developers should provide content labels that describe the purpose or action associated with that View.

The warning or error should still allow you to publish your app, and you can ignore the warning or error if you have confirmed that you've provided content labels to views.

Please note that our team does not provide technical support for app development issues regarding this. For help with technical questions related to app development, I recommend visiting our developer site at https://developer.android.com/support.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines