Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the camera tool with Movieclips

Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Can anyone tell me how to use the Camera tool with a Movieclip animation? As I understand it, Movieclip animated movement can onlly be seen when testing the animation, but not in the Timeline view, so I cannot see how you can achieve camera effects with a static animation. There is obviously something that I am not getting. Grateful for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

If you are using recent versions of Animate (19 or 20) this will not be necessary. Filters can be applied to Graphic Symbol instances, frames or entire layers on the timeline, just the same as you could to Movie Clips in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way would be to switch the Movie Clip temporarily to Graphic on the timeline.

If you are not creating interactive content, there is no reason to use Movie Clips at all.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. One reason I was using movieclips is I have created
animated shadows, which apparently require movieclips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using recent versions of Animate (19 or 20) this will not be necessary. Filters can be applied to Graphic Symbol instances, frames or entire layers on the timeline, just the same as you could to Movie Clips in the past.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To n_tilcheff.

Thanks for your respoonse. Wow! That is really good news. I had not realised that I could apply shadows to a graphic symbol. - I thought it had to be a movieclip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines