• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Animate support 4k monitors / GPUs anytime soon?

New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Animate be adding support for GPU and 4k Retina monitors anytime soon? We recently upgraded from an older 2013 imac to a newer iMac with 4k Retina monitor, but I quicly learned that Animate (unlike Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) does not utilize the built-in GPU. You can look in Activity Monitor and it shows 0% for the GPU. Just ignores it despite that fact that it's really needed to run that 4k monitor. As a result, the animation work space is very laggy. I did some searching on the web and it seems the only work arounds currently are to either put the Animate application in "low resolution mode," but then everything is fuzzy... or dial the resolution of the whole computer down in settings, effectively gutting that nice 4k Retina display for all the applications, not just Animate. We did the latter for now (crisper image than the "low res mode"), but would love to know if Animate is planning an update to utilize a built-in (or external) GPU so it can run smooth animations in 4k mode. Thanks....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same exact problem. Its extremely frustrating because I purchased a brand new Lenova Yoga 730 with 4k display (edit: SPECIFICALLY to use Adobe from home for school) and Animate isn't even usable. My NVIDIA Geforce 1050 is at 0% and my Intel I7 tops at about 43% in the task manager but Animate lags with every task (including switching tools and making objects and strokes). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2021 and this is STILL an issue. I'm using a 5k display and found really quickly that I needed to use Low Resolution mode. I updated my mac to monterey and oops - low resolution option is gone! I asked Adobe about it, they said no idea, we'll look into it. I asked Apple about it, and they aid Adobe must have removed it because they (apple) dont control those options. Which I think is compelte bullcrap. But here we are. Still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines