Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zooming in and out on trackpad doesn't work in Adobe Animate 2020

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am fairly new to Adobe Animate but have worked a lot with Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop and am used to being able to zoom in and out of my canvas with the trackpad on my Macbook (MacOS 10.14.6) while drawing. I am trying this in Animate (2020) but it's not working, the only thing I can do is rotate and move around the stage with my trackpad. I know theres the Zoom Tool and the dropdown menu but those are not pratical while working at all.

Is it generally not possible in Animate or is there something wrong with my laptop? 

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error , How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Although two finger rotate does rotate the stage, two finger pinching doesn't zoom in and out. You can move two fingers up and down, like you would when pretending to be a mousewheel, and if the Command key is pressed you will zoom in and out of the stage. I'm not sure why then didn't use Optioin/Alt for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although two finger rotate does rotate the stage, two finger pinching doesn't zoom in and out. You can move two fingers up and down, like you would when pretending to be a mousewheel, and if the Command key is pressed you will zoom in and out of the stage. I'm not sure why then didn't use Optioin/Alt for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that works! Is there a reason why they don't make two finger pinching work just like all the other programs?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is amazing how much work has gone into Animate in the last couple of years. Hopefully they will get around to these nice to have features at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines