• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DISCUSS: Audition on Apple Silicon M1

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our team is working hard on a version of Audition that will run natively on Apple’s new Apple Silicon based M1 processor. The first public Beta is available today and we invite you to test it out! Your feedback is welcome. We will be updating the Beta frequently as new builds become available.  Please see the notes below.

audition-beta.pngM1.png

The Beta processes

Since Audition is built on a large codebase with support for a wide range of media and workflows, we will implement native support for Apple M1 in phases and some parts have not been ported yet.  This phased approach allows us to validate performance and functionality for specific parts of the application before we add new components. And it also allows you to start seeing the benefits now.

The first public Beta includes the core editing functions and workflows like waveform and spectral editing, multitrack recording, editing, and mixing.  The average editor is likely to see very little difference from the Intel version, but there are some limitations which are listed below. Please check back on this thread for more updates as we add more functionality.

Running current Intel version in Rosetta 2 emulation mode

While we complete the Apple M1-native versions of Audition, you can install and run the current release version of Audition using Rosetta 2 emulation with Apple M1 devices and macOS 11.0 (Big Sur).

Please note that third party integrations such as panels, plugins, effects and drivers will need to be updated by the developer to run natively on Apple Silicon and may or may not work in Rosetta 2 emulation mode today.

Not functioning currently

• Video playback
  • Certain audio formats (MP3, libsndfile codecs)
  • Learn Panel and in-app tutorials
  • Support for control surfaces (Mackie MCU and HUI may be working)
  • CD Burning
  • Remix and Automatic Speech Alignment
  • Loudness Radar Meter
  • Third party plug-in support including panels, VST audio effects
TOPICS
Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty annoying. I was able to use Audition with Rosetta and now when I am going back to work on a project that I expected to do, no playback of audio. I wish that you two behemoth and top-of-the-line platform and device creators would really work together for the sake of users wanting the very best tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Susan. No playback, and I was getting pinwheels when adjusting amplitude, had to force quit multiple times.

I did some baseline troubleshooting and if you place the source file on the desktop/ local drive, you can adjust amplitude without crashing.

But if Premiere Pro can pipe 4K Multicam from a pro-spec external client drive... why can't Audition manage an audio file? Laaaaaaame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem sounds a little different from the OP.  When you're adjusting amplitude, can you describe the specific UI option or effect that you're trying to adjust?  For instance, is this in Waveform view when adjusting the amplitude with the on-screen volume knob, in multitrack with the Clip Gain adjustment, or are you referring to the Amplitude effect?

Can you also describe the external client drive - is it a network share, connected directly via USB, a folder sync service like Dropbox/OneDrive, or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried resetting the audio hardware settings, but playback remains unresponsive. When I adjust the amplitude in waveform view, the application pimnwheels and crashes. So I've been paying for an application that has not worked for over six months.

The files in question are on an external client drive, connected via USB3.1 - I tried moving a test file to the system drive; no dice.

The application performs properly on my 2019 Mac Pro at the studio, and on my Surface Pro 7, but simply does not work on my 2020 M1 Mini. I'm running version 22.0.0.96. I'd attach a crash report, but Audition does not generate them, so . . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you describe the problem with a bit more detail?  This may just be a settings issue.  Here are a few questions and troubleshooting steps:

• When you say "no playback of audio" what exactly happens?
    • The play button lights up, but the playhead doesn't move: This likely means the default audio device settings need to be adjusted or 'refreshed.'  To do this, open Preferences > Audio Hardware and double check the Default Output and Clock settings.  Even if the output and clock look correct, try changing it to a different option, clicking OK, then changing it back to your preferred output. 
      _durin__0-1626891770833.png
    • The play head moves and the meters light up, but no sound is audible: This likely means an incorrect audio output device is selected.  The steps above will allow you to validate which audio device Audition is trying to send audio out, and change it to the desired output.  In some cases, some audio devices may not be configured to output on the default channels.  Check Audio Channel Mapping to make sure Audition is using the same default stereo output channels as the audio device.

If neither of these suggestions help, please provide more details, such as specifically what happens (or doesn't) when you click Play, and what the settings in that Audio Hardware preference dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources