• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mouse Scroll To Zoom Is Not Working Right - Sluggish Or Totally Non-Responsive

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week (not sure if this is related to version 23.5) on My Windows 11 computer, I can't scroll to zoom in and out. If I try once, nothing happens. If I try a second or 3rd time in rapid succession, it DOES zoom in - sorta. But not as much as I need and the delay from the execution of the scroll action and the zoom is super laggy.

It works perfectly fine on my Macbook Air. And the mouse here in the studio with the Windows desktop, my mouse's scrollwheel works perfectly for every other application - scrolling to zoom in Reaper, ctrl+scroll to zoom in Camtasia, and just general page scrolling. NO latency or trouble. It is ONLY in Adobe Audition. Anyone else had this problem and/or maybe have a suggestion for how to fix this?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
20 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.5 running on a Windows 10 machine here, the scrolling works exactly as it did with the previous version. It could well be an issue relating specifically to 23.5 running on W11 - but since I won't run W11 until I'm absolutely forced to, I won't be able to tell. What you could try though is seeing if the same thing happens with the Audition beta (23.6) and if it does, then make a report on the beta forum about it. The devs will almost certainly see that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you fun a solution? It's not working for me as well, am on windows 10 with Audition 23.5.048. The Ctrl + scroll wheel work in other softwares like Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same behavior, and I'm on Windows 10 with build 23.5.0.48. Extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Just moved over to an M2 Mac Book mini and running the latest Audition version. Didn't happen on my Windows 10 machine. Hope they fix it soon because it's a killer for fast editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this helps - I just installed 22.0 and no issues there...

[Mod note: you were correct about this being a bug rather than a discussion item, so I have moved the entire thread and deleted your linking post - keeps the forum tidier.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone! So downgrading to 22 seems the right way to go until this is fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downgraded to 22 and it works perfectly fine again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have Audition running on a W10 and W11 system. The W10 version is working properly but the W11 version doesn't scroll. I also installed the beta version on W11 but here the scrolling doesn't work either. I rolled back to version 23.3 and her the scrolling works correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11 is still broken in many ways...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition team is looking into this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the latest Mac OS and it's been happening for me ever since this summer as well. Irritating for sure. Hope it gets solved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for reproting the issue. Audition team tried to repro this issue, but not able to do so.yet. We need your help to isolate the bug and fix it. 
If you can provide little bit more details, will help us

1. System configuration(Like CPU, RAM, Mac Intel/Arm)
2. OS Version 
3. Does it happen in Multitrack only or even in Waveform view, if it is in waveform - is it a file type specic(like mp3)?
4. Complexity of the project - no of files in track, session.
5. A small video recording narrating the issue
Looking forward for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Mini M2 | Mac OS 11.4 | 8 GB RAM | using a wireless rechargeable magic mouse | Adobe Audition 23.6.0
I upgraded to 23.6.1 and immediately noticed this issue with scrolling in on my wav form when trying to edit, even happens with Mp3 and in multisession or just an audio file. I made a video showing my issues: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for reproting the issue. Audition team tried to repro this issue, but not able to do so.yet. We need your help to isolate the bug and fix it. 
If you can provide little bit more details, will help us

1. System configuration(Like CPU, RAM, Mac Intel/Arm)
2. OS Version 
3. Does it happen in Multitrack only or even in Waveform view, if it is in waveform - is it a file type specic(like mp3)?
4. Complexity of the project - no of files in track, session.
5. A small video recording narrating the issue
Looking forward for your help. 

By @SankarDeySarkar

System info:

2018 Macbook Pro
Processor: 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB
RAM: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
MacOS: Ventura 13.5

I have been using a 2022 Magic Trackpad (issue happens whether it's plugged in or on bluetooth, makes no difference)

I'm not going to record a video because it won't help very much but I'll describe it in deeper detail.
When trying to zoom in on a waveform file (mostly WAVs but also MP3s, file type makes no difference), scrolling up or down usually had a smooth zoom in/out effect. Ever since this newer version of Audition, when trying to scroll to zoom, the zoom will jump and be "laggy" and it's extremely difficult to zoom where you're trying to because it will either zoom way too much or not at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.facebook.com/100000589306577/videos/229581243369840/ 

I posted a video with the scrolling error in Audtion on facebook.

On the left side the non responding beta version 24.1.0.2 and on the right side the responding version 23.3.0.55 (the latest version were scrolling works).

about the system:

Apparaatnaam 2019-i7-Medion

Processor           Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.19 GHz

Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen   8,00 GB (7,86 GB beschikbaar)

Apparaat-id       55A7F65E-EB93-4871-8A4B-8EBBA40CF19D

Product-id          00330-80213-20797-AA886

Type systeem   64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor

Pen en aanraken              Pen- of aanraakinvoer is niet beschikbaar voor dit beeldscherm

Editie    Windows 11 Pro

Versie   22H2

Installatiedatum              ‎25-‎9-‎2022

Build van besturingssysteem     22621.2215

Ervaring               Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22662.1000.0

Mouse is a Microsoft Wireless Mouse 2000 type: TA-2009/1762

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @jlmmelssen for the detailed input. Audition team has fixed the issue. Is it possible for you(and others) to please try out latest beta builds and give your input?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed for me using latest beta. Mac OS Ventura. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @kleincoeli for the confirmation.
For all the respected Audition users, the fix will be available in upcoming Audition release. Thank you all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SankarDeySarkar I just tried to scroll with the mouse in the newest Beta release of Adobe Audition; and I'm happy to say it works again. Thank you for your actions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a scrolling issue usually during playback. I can scroll along with the playback head to adjust my view while listening to playback but then sometimes it locks up and I can't scroll. I don't have a fix and this only happens in Audition.

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB

Votes

Translate

Translate