Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio muted on punch and roll

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Good work on getting punch and roll built in - very useful for me as a Voiceover artist.

However a couple of issues...

1) Audio is muted when initially doing the roll back. However if you do it again it works. Annoying as it's doubling my workflow since I'm having to do every P+R twice effectively. Here is a link to the video I made showing this. Excuse the F-Bomb when it initially works!

P+R Issues - YouTube

2) No way to insert instead of overwriting? (I.e. cmd+D on OcenAudio) - should have option to insert audio without overwriting - especially useful if you need to punch in in the middle of a clip. If it's an option, I can't find it!

Thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware the new Punch and Roll feature is really intended for use in the Multitrack view where it will be non destructive and stack up all the takes one over the others. So you can go back and recover any of the retakes that you want. All the demos I have seen have showed it in use in the Multitrack view.

However having said that I just tried it in the Waveform view and for me it did work as expected ie. I could hear the preroll first time around. I notice that you have the Spectral Frequency display enabled. That takes quite a bit of computing power and graphics redrawing to operate. So you might find the preroll monitoring problem goes away if you switch off the Spectral Frequency display.

I am not quite sure what the difference would be between Overwrite and Insert. In my experience Insert would actually shift over the following audio to the right giving you two versions of the audio one after the other and messing with the timings. Surely this would then require you to have to go back and edit out the version that you didn't like post recording?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers!

I only use multitrack when actually producing something that requires a music bed. I work 99% of the time in Waveform view for straight voiceover work. Multi-track is overkill IMO for that.

I'll try turning off the spectral display and will test.

As as I'm concerned, if it's available in the waveform view it should work as expected. It's probably something I've done/not done though lol

Appreciate the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note additional edit to my original reply asking for some expansion of what you would expect the difference between Overwrite and Insert to offer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also...

for the insert point. I'd normally delete the wrong take, position the cursor, roll back and punch in - moving the audio to the right as you say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I understand. But a completely different workflow to what I would use. So maybe add it as a Feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah if they can't come back and explain how to enable insert not overwrite I'll do that.

FWIW it doesn't mute in Multi-track. Just waveform so maybe bug in that side. Thanks for your input on this, appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem with the audio being muted on my first pass with Punch and Roll.  It always works the second time but it's not much of a timesaver having to do this twice with every take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are two of you with the same problem it would be good to submit a Bug report. What OS are you both running Audition CC 2019 on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 1803. Please forgive my ignorance, but how do I file a bug report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been talking to Adobe on this and will be asking them to submit bug for this on Monday.

Seems if windows and Mac affected then surely a bug.

Mark

Mod: Personal details deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

You can file a bug about this by posting in more detail in the user-voice page.

Here is the URL: Audition: Hot (364 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines