Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beta Testing #VoCo

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

After seeing the demo of the new #VoCo project, I'm quite interested in becoming a beta tester. I'm a Creative Cloud user, and I do freelance editing, mixing, composing and sound design work for major market public radio and podcast companies (New York Times, Gimlet, WNYC Studios). The VoCo tool looks like it could be a game-changer in the world of dialog editing, and I'm intrigued to learn more ASAP!

Many thanks,

David Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Yep, they did.  I sent David an e-mail.

For the record, as awesome as the VoCo demo was, it's still a research prototype and has not yet been planned for release in any product.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't an official reply, obviously, but as far as I'm aware, Adobe only offer beta programs for actual products, not development ideas. And with this particular one, I'm not sure which platform it might be applied to, as its use appears to fit in more than one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve. Any idea how to flag Adobe staff with this question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, Audition's developers often scan this forum, so there's a good chance they'll see it anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, they did.  I sent David an e-mail.

For the record, as awesome as the VoCo demo was, it's still a research prototype and has not yet been planned for release in any product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to all. I will definitely be keeping tabs on this project as it (hopefully) develops into a product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to help test Voco when it is ready for beta testing.
I was a radio DJ at Freedom Radio, American Forces Network - Iraq back in 2011. I would have loved to have this product and would have used it to help entertain the troops by resurrecting voices like Casey Kasem and Don LaFontaine.

I've been searching for a voice changer that would compare the target voice to my voice, and add the correct tones and frequencies to reach the target voice, but your way seems so much easier.

Thanks!

Chris McNair

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine excuse, i'm new regimentor of your forum and my passionatement is actually deep generative voice networks and intuitive form of recodering and encodering sound, by resynthesize and unshaping the formal status of vocal, content of voice, or recoding the hidden signals. New media, and the social generation too.

I can have to tested with prespoker your beta version of VoCo,

that's will it be nice if this availdbile for Windows x32-arch version.

My adress to correspondence: [personal info deleted by mod, forum policy]

Sincerely,

Adam Pacholek

Poland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that any new software for Windows will be 64 bit only from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PikaSka  wrote

What are you trying to say?

What do you not understand? Looks reasonably clear to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could so be a game changer for online transcripts for us radio stations of interviews and the like. Bring it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if VoCo could also be helpful for people who are going to loose their voice, e. g. because of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).
Wouldn't it be feasible to record the characteristics of an individuals voice as long as it is not yet affected and use it later for generating spoken language from written text?

Thanks for keeping me updated ...
Julius Deutsch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an incredible idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

incredible what? stupid or smart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently VoCo needs about twenty minutes of speech from the individual in order to analyse their vocal sounds, no doubt the spoken phrases might need to be particular scripted ones to cover the full range of the person's voice. So it's not quite as instant as it might appear from the demo as yet, however remarkable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2016 Nov 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Twenty minutes is short compared to what a service here in Germany asks for: 4 - 6 hrs. So this would be a huge step forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder what would happen if you used 20 minutes of mixed audio from a couple voices that have different aspects that one likes. would the output be an averaged amalgam of the input? What would that sound like.

I too would love to play with this tool. I already use TTS for some of my animatronic characters, mainly because it sounds robotic, and I like that, but I'd also love to change up the voice a bit, and play with training new voices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Julius Deutsch wrote:

I wonder if VoCo could also be helpful for people who are going to loose their voice, e. g. because of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease).

Julius Deutsch

I would recommend checking out ModelTalker. | Creating Personal Voices For All

The voices created there will work in Audition's Generate Speech feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have been reading this forum about VoCo and found that probably your Charles VW might be the right person to speak to, but there’s no mail contact possibility given here. I hope someone you will help me speak to him or some other dedicated person.

Originally I’m a sound engineer from Dusseldorf, Germany. With a friend of mine we’re developing a new software for people with ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease). Difference to ModelTalker should be that at the time, when still able to speak, the patient will record his own voice. Later, when he lost his voice, a pro speaker can record sentences and words the patient needs (in addition to his own recordings) for a software/hardware combined tool (which is already patented). And so – with help of your VoCo – at least the patient would speak with his own voice again. That would be a kind of physiological and especially psychological triumph for the patient and keep him in contact with everyday life.

That’s the reason why we really would love to be Beta Tester for this VoCo software! Or at least get in contact with someone of you to talk about the art of voice morphing.

We appreciate your help!

Sincerely, Georg Niehusmann

[email address removed by moderator - please don't post personal information in a public forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....that would be awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after seeing the demo a thought had occurred to me, voice actors could copy write their voice and make money off of allowing others to use their voice. if you would please, i would like to be a part of the beta testing. a program like this has endless possibilities with dubbing and editing. for one, we could bring back the voice of our best narrators such as Don LaFontaine. if there's any chance i could be a part of this revolutionary software i would like to take it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick reminder...

This is not a program. It's not even an extension to a program. Nor is it an app. It's just a design idea that's proving to be very popular with a lot of people, and that may get developed - one day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

May I also add my enthusiasm and keen interest to be a part of the research and beta testing of VoCo, having seen this astonishing demo. I work as a freelance programme maker,  producing  and editing audio and video. I've been producing broadcast TV in the UK for over 25 years. Please would you consider me as part of your beta testing team.

kind regards

David Gilbert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 05, 2017 Feb 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_durin_ wrote:

Yep, they did. I sent David an e-mail.

Very interesting article in this month's Resolution Magazine too - this could be a serious game changer, and not just for film stuff either as the possibilities are limitless.

I wonder if the developers are fully aware of just what kind of cat is about to come snarling out of the bag here? This could get so tied up in court if half of what is inferred - or even outright stated - in the article where it can analyze a small voice print & then synthesize on the fly - wow.

Would love to see more as & when it becomes available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines