• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Apple AudioToolbox cannot open the specified file. Error Code: 'dta?'

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to open an .mp3 file (that was recorded on an iPad with standard voice recorder app) in Audition. The mp3 works fine in Gmail preview.

After trying to open the .mp3 I get this error:

Error: Apple AudioToolbox cannot open the specified file. Error Code: 'dta?'

How can I solve this and work with the .mp3 in Audition?

Audition CC 11.0.2.2

Mac OS 10.13.2

MacBook Pro 13" Retina Mid 2014

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Hey, i had the same problem but it was pretty easy to solve after some time lol I just changed the extension to .wav and it works just fine.

hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other report about this suggests that the solution is to install QuickTime. I have no personal experience of whether this will work, but it's probably worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please post the file somewhere?

It would be interesting to see what the "afinfo" command reports in the macOS terminal for this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles,

I will send you the audio file via private message.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Downloaded an MP3 from google drive and it won't load into audition so that I can edit it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the header for the file isn't in the same place as the header made on a PC. I cannot believe that Adobe hasn't come up with a patch for this. Anyway my solution is that I have a small free program installed called "Format Factory." Just use it and format the mp3 again as an mp3 and it will then load into Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am new to Adobe and don't understand the technical language, so I will write this simple. I have attempted to do each thing that is suggested here (except download quicktime, as, shouldnt Audition work without the need of additional downloads? I mean, its subscription based so extra downlaods would seem pretty ridiculous, personally.) I have attempted to change the mp3 file to a .wav file, through Media Encoder. I cannot do this, as a seperate error then pops up. But none of these error messages actually tell me what is wrong. I have also tried a seperate mp3 file. Is adobe audition just not able to read mp3 files? Thank you for your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i had the same problem but it was pretty easy to solve after some time lol I just changed the extension to .wav and it works just fine.

hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BOOM. Changing it to .wav solved the problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do i do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If on a Mac - just click on the file in your finder and hit Enter so you can rename it (or right click and select Rename). Then just delete "mp3" and change it to wav - then click "keep .wav" when the next message pops up and it's changed. 

If on a PC - not sure but guessing it's the same, just right click and rename. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened to me too. I tried changing the file extention to .wav and that didn't work for dropping into a project. However, it did let me open the file and re-save it. That seemed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the file as .wav didn't work for me, but saving it as .mpeg did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving the file as .wav helped.

But interesting why that happened to me for the first time after a 4 years of working with Audition? You know, It's super anoying work to change every new or old file to a .wav file... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open in Quicktime.... Export as... Audio Only... saves as a .wav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

open imovie, add the file there, save it and choose export file, format choose Audio only, and File Format choose MP3 and click next name the file and bam you good 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines