• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

for When the Adobe Audition 4

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2008 Oct 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi is there any information about AA4, for when and the new fonctionnalities ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
Engaged ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  The Mac version doesn't do MIDI or CD burning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that Audition 4 is dropping midi!

The thoughts that go through my head are...does this mean that there is no one at Adobe smart enough to make midi compete with the competition, and if not, are they too cheap to hire someone who does have the smarts to do this? Maybe someone who lost their job with one of their competitors because of the recession?

For years I stayed a loyal Audition customer, thinking one day they would be right up there, if not above, the competition, only to find that they're going in the opposite direction, in regard to midi/VSTi......now the idea of shelling out $$$ for a new DAW and spending time I really don't have, on an entirely new learning curve.......and then, depression set in......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lost Weekend wrote:

The thoughts that go through my head are...does this mean that there is no one at Adobe smart enough to make midi compete with the competition, and if not, are they too cheap to hire someone who does have the smarts to do this?

The thoughts that go through my head are that MIDI should never have been there in the first place, and that's clearly pretty much what Adobe are thinking now too.  Audition is primarily an editor, not a music production program, and there are very few decent ones of those around compared to the miriad number of programs like Cubase, Sonar, Logic, Reaper, you name it. If you really want to know what's behind the current thinking, you have to think Creative Suite and integration, I'm afraid. Beyond that I can't say at the moment - you'll have to wait for further announcements from Adobe.

There really isn't any sort of major (or even minor) market for another music program - the existing ones have it tied up. So I'd say that the developers are smarter than you think - they know when to stop flogging a dead horse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a music production program?  So have they decided to drop Multitrack View now too? lol

"With the resources we have, what can we afford to improve and what can we afford to let somebody else do better?"

MIDI's the answer to one of those questions, I guess. 🙂

I'll do my MIDI where I'm doing it now - in another program or two - and continue to make music in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'll do my MIDI where I'm doing it now - in another program or two - and continue to make music in Audition"

Too right - and I'll do my accounting in MYOB and my wordprocessing in M$ Word 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2011 Jan 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

therealdobro wrote:

Not a music production program?  So have they decided to drop Multitrack View now too? lol

Actually, I think that I could have expressed it better. You can do music production on Audition, but you won't be able to do MIDI production. And from the music POV this has to be a positive step!

The one thing that people forget about Audition out of CEP is what the original model for it was - and this hasn't been entirely lost on the developers. D.J.'s CE96 started out as a virtual stereo tape recorder (with knobs, bells and whistles), and when it became CEP the concept was expanded so that it became a multitrack tape recorder. Multitrack recorders aren't a lot of use without mixers, so it was quite reasonable to add one of those, but the only things I ever saw multitrack tape machines do with MIDI is to be able to store and play MIDI files, and sync to an external MIDI clock. And for a long while, that was exactly what CEP and early Audition versions did. And, that was quite sufficient then, and it's quite sufficient now - IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2011 Jan 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With MIDI, either do it well, or ditch it. I can agree with that. As I've suggested a few times, there are free MIDI editors around that have better functionality than the current implementation in Audition; buy/lisence one of these... But without integrated MIDI, at least provide vary easy synch-up.

Because: Audition has the potential of being an excellent music production tool!! Audition has the best implementation of a 'multitrack tape studio' I have seen anywhere, which is very good for the musiscian with digital angst. Or anyone who just prefers to work in this idom. I hope improvements in this area are being taken seriously. A more 'elastic' metronome has been on the wishlist for a long time, for one thing. I'd also love to see some kind of 'song construction' tools where you'd be able to shuffle sections around easily, and comparing different edits. An expansion of the existing Markers and Playlist features. This would be useable even for radio show editors I'd guess - no? Everyone can't be catered for equally, but Audition is a great tool for some types of music production, for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2011 Feb 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's becoming more of an editor, then it's more like Soundbooth.  Maybe they will combine Soundbooth and Audition into one program and bundle it with CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2011 Feb 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another Photographer wrote:

If it's becoming more of an editor, then it's more like Soundbooth.

Er, no... Audition is what Soundbooth was based on! Audition started out as an editor way before Soundbooth was ever dreamed of, and it has always had better, more comprehensive editing facilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay....  Anybody roughly (or specifically) know when the Windows version of Audition 4 is going to be out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roughtly this year, at a time that will be specified in an Adobe press release that you will just have to wait for, I'm afraid. Only Adobe knows the precise timing of this until then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I just bought version 3.0.....knowing my luck, 4.0 will be released the day after I'm no longer eligible for a free upgrade. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2011 Mar 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I wouldn't be too downhearted. Public betas come relatively late in the development cycle, and the Mac public beta of Audition 4 has been around for a while now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 really, truly, hope that mac users and radio stations and dj's burn in hell for this one.

Audition, has the immediate potential to be the best multitrack recording software in the industry, for PC

Mac's suck, they are just aweful., yet this k!$$4SS steve still supports this bogus move to cater to mac users.

Radio people don't even need anything else, Audition EV and MT has everything they need RIGHT NOW, so why cater to them??  They are not even going to need to buy AA4 because AA3 does everything they need!!  Yet they are counting on major sales from Radio stations because they think that they will automatically buy this product for radio edits!!  NOT in this economy, and not if AA3 already does what they need it to.

What really needs upgrading is the already GREAT MultiTrack View which is on the cusp of being the very best in the market, yet they are shooting themselves in the foot!!!

1'm not talking about midi, either!!

upgrade the song making capabilities, the metronome, the Multi_Track editing functions (which are already great but could use a few improvements).

1nce again: fruity apple mac users and radio stations CAN BURN IN HELL .

which they will if there is indeed an ultimate authority that holds people accountable for their actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't need an ultimate authority that holds people accountable for their actions - we've got you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2011 Mar 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MTgreaterthanEV wrote:

Mac's suck, they are just aweful., yet this k!$$4SS steve still supports this bogus move to cater to mac users.

Well you're a complete imbecile, aren't you? You seriously believe, having perhaps read a couple of posts, that I actually support porting to the Mac?

That's the best joke I've heard all day!

Radio people don't even need anything else, Audition EV and MT has everything they need RIGHT NOW, so why cater to them??  They are not even going to need to buy AA4 because AA3 does everything they need!!  Yet they are counting on major sales from Radio stations because they think that they will automatically buy this product for radio edits!!  NOT in this economy, and not if AA3 already does what they need it to.

Since you're clearly not a radio user, you can't make a statement like that at all with any validity. It's simply not true about having everything they need - what you don't seem to realise in the slightest is that the concept of 'radio' on it's own, in isolation, in a modern production environment simply doesn't exist - and that's why Audition is being redeveloped. Small radio-only stations aren't Audition's main market at all - it's the larger multi-media outputs who purchase thousands of seats that are. The small radio stations effectively benefit, yes, but that's hardly the point. Whether you, or I, like it or not, Audition cannot really be considered as a product on its own any more - but more than that I can't say at the moment, because Adobe haven't. But you can bet your sweet life that kiddies playing music games in their bedrooms don't really count in the Adobe development equation though, because there are so few of them doing it using Audition. So you can whine and run your mouth all you like about it (until the mods catch you), but up against some hard market research, it's just a noise - because you simply don't count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are good reasons Adobe doesn't get involved in this bantering, but if they were they wouldn't be saying to anyone that "you simply don't count" (IMO, sorry Steve). MT>EV , where Adobe's focus is, after their market research, is totally up to them since they are spending the money to develop this product and need to make money to survive. If they produce a product which the non- or semi-professional also loves then we have all benefited, but bad mouthing them when you are not footing the financial risk bill is inappropriate. What you think of Apple is meaningless MT>EV , maybe with all of the money you are making you can finance a separate version for the hobbyist producer. Life is good, music makes it better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm one of those "kiddies who play music games in my bedroom". I make a little bit of money doing it....do you wanna explain to me why I should pay ouy out $99-139 for a DOWNGRADE ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't disagree with your guess of what the upgrade will cost, I wonder if you have any insider information, djwayne?

Seriously, if you read the details on the Mac beta (and assume the PC version will have the same features) I'm not sure I'll call it a downgrade.  Yeah, a few things I use seem to be disappearing, but there are also some neat new features.  Besides the features, they also promise a faster boot and a cleaner, smaller software footprint.

In intend to download the trial and take a decision about whether the new stuff outweighs the lost stuff.  That's all any of us can do rather than bicker and banter here.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are eliminating two big features, midi and cd burning... they should be upgrading what they already have not giving up and thowing in the towel. Okay so they spent all their development budget on attracting MAC users, ..... fine. They fixed a few things that weren't really broke.  Call me when AA5 comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

djwayne2000 wrote:

I'm one of those "kiddies who play music games in my bedroom". I make a little bit of money doing it....do you wanna explain to me why I should pay ouy out $99-139 for a DOWNGRADE ??

No - but since I never suggested that you spent it in the first place, that's hardly surprising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you simply don't count.

Adobe will beg to disagree with you.

(Someone take away this person's beta privileges please, if he even has them at all.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighthope wrote:

you simply don't count.

Adobe will beg to disagree with you.

(Someone take away this person's beta privileges please, if he even has them at all.)

Actually they won't disagree with me at all. What I didn't think that I needed to explain was that they won't listen to anybody (including me) who doesn't fit the demographic that their research indicates that they should be going for.

But clearly I was wrong to assume any basic intelligence here, wasn't I? All you have ever done here is display extreme prejudice. No help to anybody, nothing. Why should anybody take any notice of you? I'm not even sure why I'm gracing your 'comment' with a reply, even.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dubulous wrote:

I must say, however, that I get a kick out this Steve G guy.  It's funny how he leaves these ridiculously condescending messages, bashing every single opinion that anyone else has, and then as soon as someone calls him out, he just starts name calling and ranting about this and that, trying so hard to sound like the one true Adobe God.

As the saying goes, you can't be insulted by someone you don't respect, so his posts don't bother me.  I just am going to start using the Report Abuse tool.

After all, Adobe I'm sure will appreciate these gems from their self-appointed representative:

SteveG(AudioMasters) wrote:

- Well you're a complete imbecile, aren't you?

- you can whine and run your mouth all you like about it

- you simply don't count [to Adobe]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, I would like to hear from "radio" personal who are supposedly the demographics that Adobe is catering to. Does the average station really use multi track recording and editing? Auditiont is certainly not capable of the automation that stations are using for their day to day programing.  How many "radio stations" are out there?  I would think that the small recording studios and smaller recording and editing facilities far outway the number of radio stations and markets that are out there.  I would also think that there are far more semi-pro consumers that use this software than there are stations using multi-track recording software for their operations.

At the current moment there are less than 15,000 licensed radio stations in the US.  This is the "market" they are so concerned about?  Doesn't seem like a huge market to me.  I would think that there are far more people out there like me that do local on-location recordings and editing, and custom audio work that use this type of software than there are "radio stations" using multi track recording and editing software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines