• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

for When the Adobe Audition 4

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2008 Oct 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi is there any information about AA4, for when and the new fonctionnalities ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2011 Mar 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lgbecker wrote:

I would also think that there are far more semi-pro consumers that use this software than there are stations using multi-track recording software for their operations.

At the current moment there are less than 15,000 licensed radio stations in the US.  This is the "market" they are so concerned about?  Doesn't seem like a huge market to me.  I would think that there are far more people out there like me that do local on-location recordings and editing, and custom audio work that use this type of software than there are "radio stations" using multi track recording and editing software.

All I can say is that this isn't the demographic they are working to any more. If you want a better idea, then you have to go back to when Adobe bought Syntrillium out, look at their product range then, and then ask yourself why Adobe did this - as many of us did at the time. All that is happening is that what we were worried about then is coming to pass now, and in many ways I'm amazed that it's taken so long. If you want to read more about this, then you have to look in the Syntrillium archive (which is available via AudioMasters) - there's plenty of comment there.

But as far as the broadcasters are concerned, and the number of seats they purchase, then I can tell you that the biggest customer to date isn't in the US at all, they are a state broadcaster, and that they take a very significant percentage of your 15,000 figure as Audition seats just on their own. The other thing you have to bear in mind is that because virtually all sales of Audition are direct, Adobe has a pretty good idea of who their market actually is, and that is the market they will be servicing. I do similar things to you with Audition, and I would like to think that there were lots of people doing this too, but so far all my investigations into this locally reveal that sadly, this is not the case. One reason for this is that they've never marketed the software aggressively. Another (slightly more unfortunate) one is that the software has its roots in shareware, and for a lot of people this seems to be unforgivable, even though Adobe changed the name of it and rewrote it completely several times.

So whether you, or I, or anybody else likes it or not, Adobe is going to develop Audition the way that they want. They are by no means ignorant of what people clamour for, but ultimately they are the ones with the marketing data. Obviously I don't have any more information about this than anybody else outside the organisation, because it's commercially sensitive (information about the above-named broadcaster happened accidentally, and I daren't mention the actual number I was told), but you can tell a lot from the way a new version is developed as to which aspects of it are considered to be more important, and the current Mac beta will give you big clues. When the product is finally released, the full implications of this will become a lot clearer. There was a survey run recently which sort-of gave it away (see this thread) but curiously, the survey seems to have disappeared...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve, actually, I'm taking the survey right now (thanks for the link!). Interestingly, there are questions like

"8. Thinking about future versions of Audition, which of these areas would you like the product to focus on? (Please choose your top three.)"

with answer "Adding features Audition 3 used to have". No explicit mention of CD burning, though.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C.R.Helmrich wrote:

Steve, actually, I'm taking the survey right now (thanks for the link!).

Ah, maybe it only disappears when you've completed it.

Interestingly, there are questions like

"8. Thinking about future versions of Audition, which of these areas would you like the product to focus on? (Please choose your top three.)"

with answer "Adding features Audition 3 used to have". No explicit mention of CD burning, though.

That seems like a very reasonable answer. Restoring the status quo would be a good focus, for a start...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your example you forget that those "15,000" stations probably have multiple seats of Audition. So that could put the number of user numbers up considerably. As mentioned previously by Steve G a UK broadcaster may have upward of 1,000 seats in use. Also these users are unlikely to post on these forums since they tend to have a fixed use for the software and in-house training. This makes the possible user market considerably higher than any estimate you are likely to be able to guess at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol, you and your market research; lol; this guy steve-o is a riot, a real J/-\CK/-\SS I bet he's part of the mtv generation.

Adobe really needs to withdraw the release of AA4, and give it more time, rethink their approach.

This is not going to work, have you seen the desperate commercials by apples trying to get people to buy their iphone "well if you don't have a iphone *sticks nose in air* you don't have an iphone", lol their sales are dwindling, believe it, in this economy a large number of people are looking to maximize and be efficient with their money, apple mac's are a waste, you're paying more for older technology whether phone or computer.  unless you're in love with their "apps" store, personally, I don't like millions of apps, it's too many, give me a few programs that do the job, I thought apple was about less = more, now all of a sudden they've done a 180, and are ditching the quality over quantity shtick, cos that's all it was.

A good pc is more reliable then a mac, when you take into account there recent uptick in lower reliability in the last few years that is well-documented, now there are some cr4ppy pc companies too (acer yes i'm talking to you) buy a good pc and you can run your own operating system if you're into that there's a couple options now besides windows(highly flawed), but anything is better then a mac.

People will start to realize this, because they are analyzing purchases of higher amounts, especially when greater technological capabilities are readily available for about half the cost.

Also, music on the radio is complete $#iT nowadays and the music industry is going downhill in terms of profits, including radio stations: the big boys is who I'm talking about, with massive "outputs", got it steve-o?

Fvck their market research, it's flat out WRONG.  Who did the study, lets see it, 1 bet it's riddled with flaws and inaccuracies.

macs, psshh .

maybe it's because adobe isn't smart enough to write apps that are hard to crack on pc, so they figure fruity apple users are too stupid to be able to crack any software and thus they will be forced to buy it, even though it's a downgrade from the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 28, 2011 Mar 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe.

But I think it's more likely a combination of:

1.  The Apple market share in the computer market continues to grow--it topped 10% of the comps sold in the USA for the first time ever last autumn. 

2.  Other Adobe software is multiplatform and many people working with video use Macs.  It's hard to market Audition as part of the package if it only runs on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jcs35 wrote:

lol, you and your market research; lol; this guy steve-o is a riot, a real J/-\CK/-\SS I bet he's part of the mtv generation.

You'd be well wrong about that, as well as everything else you said. But hey, you have the absolute right to make as much of a fool of yourself as you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dunno about you, Steve, but at my age being called part of the "MTV generation" would be a compliment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 30, 2011 Mar 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"an iphone", lol their sales are dwindling"

Wow! what rock have you been under. yep, there loosing money big time.....guess that's why their stock is $350 dollars a share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines