• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I work with the fonts and colours in the Adobe Audiition interface?

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last 4 months I've had some eye damage and I'm now blind in my left eye.   My right eye is not focussing as well as it should and these days I find the UI on the Audition interface is difficult to use -   grey text on dark grey background is difficult for me to start with, but the font size is far too small and i have to use a hand-held magnifier  and get my face about 5cm from my high res screen to read filenames and times, panel headings,   preferences options,  etc or I start making mistakes. 

Almost every other software on earth that's of any merit allows users to edit the UI parameters to suit their needs,  except I can't find how I can do this with Audition.  (I'm using the latest version,    Build 14.0.0.36)    This is also part of the anti-discrimination law in many occupations here in Australia.   As my initial change I'd like to change the font colour to white instead of grey and increase the font size in the menus,   window headings,   time measurements,   etc      Changes to these parts are not provided for in the preferences.      For example, several times a week I have to edit radio programs to 58'45" and since I can't read the times in the top of the  multi-channel window it's sometimes a guess as to whether I'm even close to time.    As I'm sure you realise in radio,  half a second of dead air is apparent to listeners and is a mark of amateurish production  (i.e. ME!!).

When I asked a similar question some months ago I was told that there's no way to change these things in Audition.   I was shocked because Adobe has so many preferences in all its other software,  I couldn't think how it could have escaped the notice of the developers of Audition.      There are workspace templates in the Audition preferences where you can tinker with the colours but they seem to be almost identical,  and certainly all are grey upon grey as the main colours.    And the font sizes are barely above 2pt to my eye. 

This could have serious consequences for me and my career  if i keep making as many errors with my podcast abd broadcast editing as I do now. 

So here's my question:   Is it really true that users can't work with the workspace parameters to improve the readability in any meaningful way?  How can i make Audition usable for me?          

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is really true. You can only change whatever you can find in the Appearance tab in Preferences - nothing at all has altered about this. My suggestion is that you enter this as a request here. And make it very clear why you are requesting this - in other words tell them that it's not a 'cosmetic' request. Put a link to this thread in there as well if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SteveG.  I have taken your advice and sent a feature request.      I  obviously havent seen the source code for Audition but I have seen a couple of ways they could provide what I'm asking for, if my suspicions as to what's underlying the UI are right.  

Ill let you know what (if anything) comes of it. 

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone tell them to give the option to Change UI fonts. People are paying to use the software, how can they ignore. out of 25 years in software, never thought of Ignorant Bugs work to creating a Software.You Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines