• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE HELP! Fatal error on startup, cannot access documents folder

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running Audition CC (11.1.1) on a PC (windows 10).

Recently I started having problems when I was saving files (Save as), getting a Fatal Error.

I updated to the latest version, and now it won't start at all - I'm getting a fatal error and the message "Audition cannot access the documents folder. Please make sure current user has the read/write permission to the documents folder."

I then follow some instructions I found in the forums here, uninstalled, did the cc cleaner, reinstalled. Again, it won't start and I'm getting the same error message. I've tried holding down shift to start with the default preferences but it doesn' work - is that just a Mac thing? What's the PC equivalent?

Please can someone explain ***IN VERY SIMPLE TERMS*** how I can sort this out. I am not a computer wiz but I need Audition to be working to do my job.

I've been using Audition for years but any more of this nonsense and I'm switching to Reaper because this is infuriating for a product that costs so much.

Thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'd really need a bit more information, but initially at least can you have a look at this FAQ: Audition Fatal Error - Could Not Delete File and have a look at the locations in question, and see if that's the issue. Also it would be worth making sure that the CC app itself is up to date (click on the tree little dots in the top RH corner), as this has been cited as the cause at least of the issue mentioned in the FAQ.

If none of that works then you need to follow the instructions in this other FAQ; Audition Crashed. Now what? and send the results  to audbugs@adobe.com (see second post in thread) where the developers will look at them and advise you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to be exactly the same problem, as it's not the same error message. My CC is up to date, I have turned off file sync, and it still won't work. I have submitted a bug report but if it is not fixed within two days I'm cancelling my subscription because this is completely unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I'm unable to update my preferences for file locations from within Audition BECAUSE I CAN'T OPEN IT. I'm getting a fatal error merely trying to open the app following the update this morning, whereas before that I was at least able to open the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, there is one more thing you can try doing: Opening Audition with the shift key held down. This will reset all the preferences to 'vanilla' settings, and if anything in your preferences file is screwed, you can find out like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried that and it still will not open (as I mentioned in my first post) - I get the same fatal error message. Seems to be completely kaput. error audition.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it does say the 'current user'. One thing we've found in the past is that if the current user doesn't have admin rights, all sorts of strange things can go wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could possibly try right clicking on your Audition desktop icon and, from the drop down menu, try clicking on Run as Administrator to see if Audition will open successfully that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry, fix is very easy.

I had the same problem, just go to Defend Center.

from home:

1. Choose "Virus and threat protection".

2. Choose :"Virus and threat protection settings".

3. Scroll down to "Controlled folder access", click "Manage Controlled folder access".

4. Click "Allow an app through Controlled folder access".

5. Click "Add an allowed app".

6. Navigate to your Adobe Audition Installation Folder, default is: "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition CC 2018".

7. Choose "Adobe Audition CC.exe" (the app).

8. Click ok (or open etc.,).

9. That's it!

10 or u can simply turn "Controlled folder access" off at steps 3, after u click "Manage Controlled folder access".

if the problem is still there and u have an Antivirus, check for similar setting in your antivirus.

Hope that Helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Perfect. That was exactly what the problem was. I had the exact problem the OP had. I was also confused by the fact that it said "current user" as I am the ONLY user so...

When I checked, my computer, the system and I, all had FULL administrative privileges just for info that might help someone else.

Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this solution, I was very frustrated with other solutions and attempts.  Someone needs to mark the problem as SOLVED. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I access the Defend Center?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually it's not called that. If you click on the 'show hidden icons' button at the bottom RH corner of your screen, you will reveal the easiest access to the security center - click on that to get there:

security center.JPG

But please note that if you have other virus protection in place, this might not be the answer you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines