• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with "Edit Clip in Audition" option from Premiere Pro- It's not Updating

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to edit a beep out of the audio in my video. So I right click and do "edit clip in audition". I proceed to remove the beep and it works perfectly. I save it.

Then it doesn't update in premiere pro. From what I can tell, it's supposed to update automatically in premiere pro, but it isn't. Actually awhile ago it used to do this and then all the sudden it stopped updating. The same clip with the beep is still in premiere pro.

So I think, ok, no problem, I'll just save the clip and manually insert it into premiere pro.

I save the edited clip in audition, only to learn that it somehow got changed from stereo to mono.

There must be some setting or something that I've accidentally clicked? How can I fix this? How can I get premiere pro to be updated with the changes in adobe audition? And short of that, how do I prevent Audition from converting my stereo audio clip into a mono one? (So if it doesn't update itself, I can manually insert it?)

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This can happen if there is any version conflict, sharonb28165842. What are the exact dot versions of both the apps? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Please make sure both the apps are updated to compatible versions.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did have an audition and premiere pro that were older (2017) as well as the 2019 version. So I deleted the 2017 versions of both apps and made sure I was running just the 2019 version.

It still doesn't work, the old version of the audio clip still remains. But a curious thing... if I right click edit the clip in adobe audition, make the fix, then go back to premiere pro the old clip is still there. However, if I right click the old clip (that should have been replaced) and select "edit it in audition" a second time, then audition opens the audio clip without the beep in it. So I wonder if something is going on with premiere pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I am having the same issue, anyone know a workaround for this? I edit the audio in audition from pp and the effects don't take place even though the audio clip turns from blue to green...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines