Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about spectral pitch display

Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

i have learned to use the spectral frequency display (shift -d)

but about spectral pitch display may i know the purpose and may i know some example where spectral pitch display useful or necessary

thanks

best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its primary purpose (if you zoom in on it) is to help you to identify individual components in your sound, in a way that you can't easily do on the frequency display. Also, it displays this information on the timeline, unlike the spectral frequency display, which only gives you an instantaneous time snapshot, or an aggregated one if you scan a whole section.

So whilst the frequency display is much more use for showing you the overall 'shape' of your sound - the relative amounts of bass and treble, etc, the spectral pitch display, being aligned with the waveform, will make the duration of individual sounds much clearer. And of course, because you can make spectral selections on it, you have a lot more flexibility in what you can cut out. It's also really easy to copy just a part of the spectrum from one place and paste it to another - which can sometimes be more useful than you might think. Also, you can make much more accurate spectral selections to apply Auto Heal to, so you don't remove more than you need. It's a bit old now and uses a previous version of Audition (3, where you accessed it differently), but there's a good video about some of the stuff you can do with it from Jason Levine - Noise/Hum Removal in Adobe Audition 3 on Vimeo.

Once you get used to what you can do with it, you'll wonder how you ever managed without it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP is asking about the Spectral PITCH display rather than the Spectral Frequency display v. Frequency Analysis. The Spectral pitch display allows you to monitor the Pitch of musical sounds and can help in using the Pitch effects from Effects/Time and Pitch when you need to match pitch or correct incorrect intonation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

yes thanks Rycla

i mean why and when should i use spectral pitch display rather then spectral frequency display ?

when do i need spectral pitch display ?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would only need it if you were recording vocals and the pitch needed correction. There is no general use during normal audio editing. It could also be useful if you were trying to beat mix different songs and needed help in matching the pitch between songs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

thanks only for this

only if record and i need pitch correction

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines