Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error: General Import Failure -7"

Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My co-worker recently upgraded their Mac OSX version of Adobe Audition from CC 2017 10.0.2 to CC 2018 11.1.0. The install went fine and there were no issues until trying to open a flac file, and get this message:

1.jpg

We thought it was a bad flac so we tried another, same result. Opened up CC 2017, and all the flacs loaded just fine. Aifs, wavs, and all other formats open no problem. Tried Google searching "General import failure", but there was nothing.

This is what the Audition log kept saying:

Ticks = 11461      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> An unknown exception was caught (Code 4).

Ticks = 11461      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> Caught Amio Plug-In Exception when calling command: 5

Ticks = 62844      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> An unknown exception was caught (Code 4).

Ticks = 62844      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> Caught Amio Plug-In Exception when calling command: 5

Ticks = 155725      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> An unknown exception was caught (Code 4).

Ticks = 155725      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> Caught Amio Plug-In Exception when calling command: 5

Ticks = 169994      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> An unknown exception was caught (Code 4).

Ticks = 169995      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> Caught Amio Plug-In Exception when calling command: 5

Ticks = 259901      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> An unknown exception was caught (Code 4).

Ticks = 259901      <140735104978944> <AmioPlugin> <5> Caught Amio Plug-In Exception when calling command: 5

I have no idea what's going on, and hoping someone can assist. The other thing of note is some previously created favorites no longer work, giving the following error: "The [Favorite] favorite cannot be applied to this file". Note not all of them have this issue, and they work in the previous version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything? Kind left in a lurch here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably best to log it as a bug. Also if you want the developers to take a look follow the instructions in Audition Crashed. Now what? Although not a crash this is the quickest way to get info to the devs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the 'Adobe Crash Reporter Tool'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I am aware Audition does have one built in. All the info and links needed are in the above FAQ link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to provide an update to this. It's not just my co-worker's computer who is having this problem, and it's not just related to their version of Audition. Tonight I downloaded the official trial version of Audition 2018 from Creative Cloud, and once installed on a clean user profile and trying to open a flac file, it's giving the EXACT same error. So there's definitely something wrong.

How can this get escalated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a link to one of these flac files ?

It would be interesting to see if it happens to anyone else with that same file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise treat it as a crash and report as in the FAQ Audition Crashed. Now what? to get the info through to the developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on literally any flac file. As an example, I created 10 second silent flac audio file in 2017. Closed 2017, reopened it and successfully loaded the test flac. Closed it, opened 2018, and tried to load the test flac. No dice, same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the same here with a one minute .flac file of tone created in CC 2017. Opened successfully in Audion CC 2018 with no problems.

You can download from here to try on your system. Dropbox - Untitled 1.flac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened up just fine in 2017. In 2018......you guessed it, same error. I can also confirm it isn't an issue with my user profile, as I just created a new one admin account, and receive the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug post created here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911314-audition/suggestions/35415298-error-general-import-f...

I already emailed audbugs@adobe.com a good number of days ago but have not received anything in response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I haven't heard anything nor been contacted by anyone from Adobe regarding this issue? How can I escalate this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It probably doesn't help but I don't get this error importing a flac file into any version of Audition 2018, 2017, etc

Maybe its a Mac only thing ?
ryclark are you on a Mac or PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GodzFire  wrote

So I haven't heard anything nor been contacted by anyone from Adobe regarding this issue? How can I escalate this?

I'm afraid you can't escalate it as such - the devs are entirely in charge of what happens. There's no guarantee that you'll get a response at all - especially to a report of something that doesn't appear to be happening to anybody else, although admittedly we haven't heard from any Mac users...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Win 10 PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same issue has this been resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too, just experienced this on latest Adobe Audition (Win 10), importing from Premiere clip.  Most clips have worked fine, just one throws this error.

Note, locating the 'Extractred.wav' directly and loading into Audition works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines