• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split/Strip Silence Issues

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a baffling issue with the Delete Silence feature. I am editing a podcast with 4 hosts. My process is to do every bit of editing and production needed, export a mixdown, and then do one final "Strip Silence" pass. I do this to shorten the editing time of slicing in the first stage. The problem is that today for some reason, Audition is detecting huge sections of obvious audio segments as suggestions to delete. Even pushing the Define parameters to the extreme is not yielding the correct results. Any ideas what's going on here?

I need to note that the silent segments are areas that I COMPLETELY trimmed out in the first stage, so they are maximum silent. Usually they are very simple and obvious to detect.

I'm running the latest Audition on the latest Mac OS.

Reference Images Below

1q66sfrkfzw71.png

4wodbkkifzw71.png

9o9y24pcfzw71.png

bm6glmjivzw71.png

p8sirq0kvzw71.png

     

TOPICS
Noise reduction

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I've solved this, but it needs to remain up, I think. 

The process still works fine if I go through with splitting the selections. It splits the silences and retains the audio. But, it is still a big problem that the selections are not shown accurately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is something that I'm also struggling with. Using the Find Levels features gives more problems than it fixes what you want. Hopefully someone will give a clear answer on what's wrong or if it's an user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines