• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2023 Keywords Not Working?

Engaged ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really getting frustrated with this new release of Adobe Bridge.

Tonight, I tried to assign some keywords to stock images by selecting an image and checking the keyword, which I assume is how you do it. However, as soon as I selected another image and then went back to the previous image the already assigned keyword was unchecked.

What the heck? Another bug?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

I have customized the file and renamed it to *.txt 
The file is cleaned of codes and now only contains plain text and it works, I have now recreated my keywords. It takes some time and you have to be careful to do it right otherwise some of the keywords will not be included.

When the file is cleaned, you can import it. Clear and import.

aalestrup_0-1670682621426.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac or Windows? Where are your images located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

To better investigate the issue, could you please share the following information:

1. Bridge version

2. Os version

3. Format of file

4. Have you faced a similar issue with the previous version of Bridge for the same file format?

5. A video recording of the issue

6. Where is your file located

We might reach out to you for further information if needed but it would be really helpful if you can share the above information.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem after updating Bridge. My keywords file from Bridge 2019 will not be read by Bridge 2023. Import fails only gibberish.

The question is how do I convert the old 2019 to 2023 format?

Here is a selection of the file to be imported into Bridge 2023. and Below again, after import. Keywords completely useless

aalestrup_0-1670677125596.png

aalestrup_1-1670677503192.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

It is necessary to use Br2022 if you want to be able to use your keyboard.

Sincerely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have customized the file and renamed it to *.txt 
The file is cleaned of codes and now only contains plain text and it works, I have now recreated my keywords. It takes some time and you have to be careful to do it right otherwise some of the keywords will not be included.

When the file is cleaned, you can import it. Clear and import.

aalestrup_0-1670682621426.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

That's very interesting. Would you be abble to generate some code that makes the keyboard work to label the photo?

6= Red 7= yellow 8=green 9=blue 0=purple

Because people from Adobe are not in the capacity to do it, it seems. Also where should we put that code?

Thanks a lot for helping so efficiently the Adobe user community.

omg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

First, this information is not in the keyword file. 

Bridge can label your photos. In the colors you describe. 

<CTR>+6 = red ect.... or just 6=red  if you select without <ctrl>

Mark the images and choose your label color.

These labels are described in image EXIF data, so they follow your image.

NOTE that my language is Danish, so you may not understand the text in the screenshot

If I have misunderstood, please write again. As written, I am Danish and there may be some misunderstanding in the language.

aalestrup_1-1670863343954.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you but this is not working on french AZERTY keyboard.

Can you do the job Abobe doesn't want to do? (Or don't know how to do it)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have released a newer version of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630). This update includes the fix for this issue. Also, t
his Beta release includes several bug fixes done in the 13.0.1 public release. For details, see Fixed issues.

Please check the label menu for shortcuts.

Also, shortcut 6 has a backup shortcut Ù.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not fixed.  I have beta v13.0.2.630 installed, and I get exactly the behavior as before, and as described in the original post here by @kcrossley . The "answer" for this post should be remove, as I have no idea what @aalestrup is on about.

1.  View an image
  2. Click to see Keywords tab
  3. Expand "Other Keywords"
  4. Check a box by any keyword
  5. Navigate away to another image
  6. Navigate back to the image you just added a keyword to.

Result: the keyword is NOT checked.  File Info shows NO keywords were added to the file.

Really frustrating.  I dont understand why this only happens on some images and not others.  Same exact file type and source (PNG written by Windows Snip Tool). Some work fine for keywords, and some don't.

Bridge beta v13.0.2.630

PNG file format

Previous versions (even back to Bridge 2022) have this issue

File is located in My Documents, and the signed in user has full permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David25986791tq9q I am not having this problem with Beta on Windows Pro (testing with a PNG written by Windows Snip Tool)

Does the problem only happen with keywords in the "Other Keywords" list?

Are you able to add keywords to you PNG using the Metadata Panel or File Info Panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the "fun" thing about intermittent, random problems like this.

I took about 50 screenshots using the snip & sketch tool, all in one sitting (so, using the same version of Windows, etc), saved to local SSD. Most such snip files are only like 10-20kb.  MOST of them work fine in Bridge, probably about 8-9 of them do not.  No rhyme or reason.

I'm seeing the problem on Any/ALL keywords, not just "Other".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try adding other metdata to one of the failed files, such as title or description? I'm curious if it's a failure to write any metadata at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you assign a keyword to large files or a large number of files, it can take a while for them to be written to disk and the checkboxes can change back to unchecked along the way. This has been happening for several versions of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a similar problem after updating Bridge. My keywords file from Bridge 2019 will not be read by Bridge 2023. Import fails only gibberish.

The question is how do I convert the old 2019 to 2023 format?

Here is a selection of the file to be imported into Bridge 2023. and Below again, after import. Keywords completely useless

aalestrup_0-1670677125596.png

aalestrup_1-1670677503192.png

By @aalestrup

As you have found, the XML file can't be imported, it has to be placed in the appropriate folder:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2016/11/bridge-restoring-lost-keyword-xml-file.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines