• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2023 very slow for sorting/culling images

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated a few days ago and just got around to start culling a photo session and the load time for each photo was just unbearable. I tried everything I could possibly think of to speed up the process but nothing worked.
I turned on high quality, purged cache, increased cache, different view modes, waited for previews to render, etc.. Nothing worked at all. Before the update I could advance to the next image and basically instantaneously be able to view the image, rate it and move on. This new update requires each individual photo to load, which could take half a second or even a full second to load and then apply a rating, really slows down my process. I am used to being able to sort through 3-5 photos a second and be able to recognize a photo and apply the rating. The buffer this new update has is just not up to par with the previous versions. As I am advancing through the photos it will freeze on a photo as i am advancing and will not update until I stop advancing. 
I think this is pretty crucial as a photographer that needs to sort and cull through thousands of photos (weddings) in a single session. It definitely is not my computer as it's custom built with a ryzen threadripper 3960x and 128gb of ram.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Image processor , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here.  Bridge process is sitting muching 40% of CPU without apparently doing anything.  Feels like preview/thumbnail creation/saving is going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I see the problem as well. Having a folder with a large amount of assets it just sits there forever and uses 40% CPU for no reason until you go to a different folder. I can't even use multiple tabs because it just keeps the processor busy for no reason. Went back to using Bridge 2018, the last version that actually worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're dead right aqbout 2018 being the last version to work as advertised.  I wish I could still be using that version with the lates versions of ACR and PS, but no, that is not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem  here Nov. 2022. Clearing cache, using optimized previews or leaving preview settings to all recommended settings.

i9 -14 core 4.6ghz all cores

32gb DDR4 ram

GTX 1080Ti

Windows1022H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Many of the issues reported in this and different threads are fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if it fixes the issues you are facing.

You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it didnt solve it. CPU really high, Starts as soon as I get into a folder with images. Also, scrolling is really slow. And I cant use page up/down any longer??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not fix. As bad as ever, maybe worse.

iMac 2019, 3Ghz 6 core intel core i5, 32GB 2667MHz DDR4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2 years worth of updates later and this program is still riddled with issues. Adobe totally ran Bridge into the ground

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this very issue and it's been horrible, was to apoint of just deleting bridge and look for a different work flow.
Until I chose to uninstall bridge completely and restarted my computer (for good measure) and reinstalled Bridge 2023 and did not import past settings and wa la...it's back working to what I have been use to for so long...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was short lived, went back to it a little later and tried it out, well back to the same slow use of bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Upgrading" from Bridge 2023 to Bridge 2022 is awesome, you should try it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, it's driving me insane. 

It just messes with my workflow and makes it impossible to advance on a steady pace.

It's like with every update the software gets worse.

I'm trying the update suggested below, but if it doesn't work I think I'll see if it's possible to go back to the 2022 (or even previous) version 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's terrible. What happend to this company. Stop hiring "diversity" incompetent developers and hire people who know what they are doing for christ sake.  We are all sick and tired of it. I'm starting to look into completely replacing my workflow with alternatives. This is starting to completely make it impossible to work with their software.

Every single version is getting worse. I've been using Adobe products for past 25 years and the state of their software is right now is criminal. Completely unusable. 

And btw, same problems just like everyone reported. Bridge is a dog, CPU usage is ridiculous, you can't even smoothly scroll through like 100 images. Photoshop is absolute atrocity on Windows and how many resources uses and don't get me started on Illustrator. 

As soon as I find a few final pieces of apps that fit into my workflow I'm out of this crap. So dissapointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's January 13 and Bridge is still very slow to view images. I've tried Bridge Beta and it's slow also. Lightroom is OK, so what gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe they have broken it. For me it is also slow, with copying/deleting even rating issues (it misses rating files)  Mine also seems to have issue with doing anything in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It's absolutely paralyzingly slow. Just deleting one photo takes several seconds and it's really not tenable for sorting photos like it used to be. It's been going on for WEEKS. Can we please get a fix already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just dump that turd of software like I did and use XnViewMP.. It's basically Bridge, it's cross platform and it's LIGHTNING fast. Reads all formats too and shows previews. There are a few minor annoyances but nothing major. It works super fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If XnViewMP (or any of the myriad of better-than-bridge alternatives) were able to open raws in bulk direct to ACR without opening Ps I would jump in an instant.   I personally use PhotoMechanic to ingest, label and cull images before I open the trimmed down folder in Bridge (so it doesn't have to do any real work!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions for LOCAL video asset management? Want something like Bridge but not unusable or Photo Mechanic but for video files. All the options out there seem to be cloud based. Want something that will work off of our local network drives that doesn't suck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue... unbearably SLOW to sort images... piece of crap !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I see some suggestions for other software. Bridge Team! Are you listening? Are you on this?! I've used bridge for 17 years and it's always been pretty good. It's now not usable. I shoot weddings, it's costing me at least 3 hours more to cull. Unacceptable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same issue.  It's AWFUL!!  I've done everything they suggested and NOTHING WORKS!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have re-installed Bridge 12 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the best solution is to go back to Bridge 12... I'm going to do that... hopefully it's easy to reinstall !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines