• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2023 very slow for sorting/culling images

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated a few days ago and just got around to start culling a photo session and the load time for each photo was just unbearable. I tried everything I could possibly think of to speed up the process but nothing worked.
I turned on high quality, purged cache, increased cache, different view modes, waited for previews to render, etc.. Nothing worked at all. Before the update I could advance to the next image and basically instantaneously be able to view the image, rate it and move on. This new update requires each individual photo to load, which could take half a second or even a full second to load and then apply a rating, really slows down my process. I am used to being able to sort through 3-5 photos a second and be able to recognize a photo and apply the rating. The buffer this new update has is just not up to par with the previous versions. As I am advancing through the photos it will freeze on a photo as i am advancing and will not update until I stop advancing. 
I think this is pretty crucial as a photographer that needs to sort and cull through thousands of photos (weddings) in a single session. It definitely is not my computer as it's custom built with a ryzen threadripper 3960x and 128gb of ram.

TOPICS
Bug , Crash or freeze , Image processor , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Browsing to the next image is very slow and the 100% preview renders very slow if at all.

Also the labeling is quircky. When I press a key for labeling, the label shows very slowly... or not. I have to advance to the next image and back to see if the label was attached.

There is a serious performance issue and they also had to keep their hands off of the User interface. It really is distracting with the white menu bar and horizontal lines everywhere. When pressing the breadcrums panel, there also appear two panel lines: one for the panel and one for the input field. So distracting.

Bridge 2023 (v13) is the worst version I've had. I reverted back to Bridge 2022 (v12.4).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem bothers me. How can I reinstall Bridge 2022 version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like everyone else it seems .. I'm having the same problem. It's totally useless for anything more than viewing a few photos at a time. I'm currently looking for an alternative. Adobe we are paying for this .. please sort this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Faststone image viewer for a quick selection of the total shots of the day.

Faststone has the possibity to preview the embedded JPEG file which is very fast.

The latest version also has a labeling system.

I do not get it that Bridge is so slow in previewing and Camera RAW and Lightroom Classic are relatively fast(er).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I posted a potential weird fix for this, here's my post. Try it and see if it works for you. Once I do the "slider trick", Bridge idles under 1% and runs smoothly:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-2023-high-cpu-when-sitting-idle-here-s-how-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still persists with august 2023 latest update.

• deleting a single file in a 400 items medium/small jpg folder takes about 40sec - 1min
  • restoring a  just deleted file with Ctrl Z takes minutes or does crash bridge
  • deleting images goes ok for like 10 images, then suddenly freezes (deleting, calculating time)WTF????

Really, Bridge is completely wrecked. 

I used it principally for judging/culling/selecting images, and transfer collections to other folders. 

It is now that much crashing and lagging that i had to go Windows explorer to do this task.

Really a total disaster for a professional software for managing creative assets.

Very annoying and disturbing to see that even after 8 month there is no solution to these issues. we pay enough for it. |They shoudl have retrired the new version until the problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I hate rating images in Bridge anymore, it's costing me tons of time and I do this for a living.  Every version seems to be worse than the previous.  And now with14.0 they took away an important opeion for me in labels and ratings called "Use Control Key to Apply Labels and Ratings"  Ready to find another app to rate images.  I am sooo frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And moving rated images is painful.  Now it pops up "Moving files... Estimating remailing time   0% "  Which means I may as well figure on not getting any work done for a long while.  WTF Bridge??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reported this issue on a different thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-is-constantly-consuming-gt-20-cpu-but-not-a...

The Bridge team has been aware of the problem for several releases, but it still exists in 14.0.0.102.

Agree with everyone here - it's a major problem.  With only Bridge and PS open, my CPU fans are running high all the time, and ACR sliders are laggy and jumpy.  Makes it very hard to get anything done.

I9-11900K

64GB DDR5 memory

RTX 3080TI

File folders and Bridge cache on a very fast M.2 drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, not sure if you saw my reply up in the thread, but did you get to try the slider trick to bring the CPU back down to 2% and stop the fans?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-2023-high-cpu-when-sitting-idle-here-s-how-...

Hope it works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2023 Sep 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I am starting to use Photo Mechanic for rating images.  It seems to work really well.  I would rather not have to use it since it is yet another program but Bridge has become unusable for me as a way to rate/cull and move my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted in the thread above, but in case anyone is only looking at this one...  this does seem to work on Bridge 14.0.0.102.  I had tried it on previous releases and it would only work for a short while.  Now it seems to fix the issue for as long as Bridge is open.  When you close and reopen Bridge, you'll have to resize the thumbnails each time.  But that is far better than hearing the constant fan noise and putting up with laggy ACR sliders and 2+ second display times when making adjustments.  Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully 14.5 will fix it for real. 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to wonder if maybe Adobe is trying to kill off Bridge for some reason? They have never properly promoted its power and usefulness, maybe preferring to push us toward Lightroom? The newest versions are so slow as to be virtually useless in a production situation, and also the new Bridge doesn't recognize the color labels I have applied to thousands of my images to easily search for different types or categories of images; instead of showing the color labels I've spent hundreds of hours applying, it only shows them as white labels. Adobe tech support talked me through a process of opening wide the Permissions for every file and every folder on my archive drive, so that anyone and/or everyone could sit down at my computer and have full Permission to Read+Write. It kinda worked, but it took nearly an hour to do the operation on my external outboard drive. Bah.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the white labels, have you checked the preferences to see if the colored labels in the new release are named the same as your previous version(s) of Br?  If they are named the same, they should recognize your colors.  If they are named otherwise they will show as white. Bridge upgrades don’t always pick up all the previous settings from earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not they are trying to kill it. They just have tons of incompetent developers on their hands that couldn't give two craps about optimizing anything and memory leaks or bad code but they are being told to keep adding "features" into the software and it's becoming an absolute dog crap on Windows. Their Mac team seems to be a lot more competent.

It is criminal that we are paying for this and all you have to do to see really how bad it is is to use any alternative software that does parts of their functionalities. They are all modern, fast on both Windows and Macs and just a joy to work with unlike Adobe software.

It's already happening but give it a few more years and almost any serious professional will dump this dumpster fire of software and never look back.

Today the only thing I really use from them is Substance stuff and Photoshop here and there but I'm seriously looking at replacement for Photoshop. They clearly don't listen, don't care and think they are untouchable riding the wave of the past. Not for me. After 25+ years, I'm almost done with them completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines