Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Output Module for Bridge CC 2018

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2018 Jul 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi! i am using the Adobe Output Module for Bridge CC 2018

when i am creating the contact sheet, the pictures on the contact sheet are darker then the original image. that is the same issue with all formats (nef, dng, jpg, psd) all defined as sRGB color profile . any idea why the images are darker. and how can i fix it?Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 13.14.36.jpg

TOPICS
Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sane issue here since CC2019. We are also using Output module to send contact sheets to customers and it is veeery complicated to declare, why contact sheets look darker than the actual images.

@Adobe: Please fix this afap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same issue here. Dark and oversaturated PDFs no matter what file format or output settings i use. My files are CMYK JPEGs with a Fogra39 profile assigned to them. Bridge 2019 produces a bad result but 2017 with the output module works fine. I'm attaching a file to this post. The left hand image contains an Adobe RGB 1998 profile. The right hand image contains a Fogra39 profile. If i tick "preserve embedded profiles" I get this bizarre result. The left hand image is darker than the original file whereas the right hand image is just bewildering. 

Untitled2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The developers have been notified about this. So far, an answer is not forthcoming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Bridge CC 2017 for making PDFs. I just updated to 2019 again and the PDFs still come out dark and oversaturated. Here is a screen shot. Adobe please fix this. 2018 Bridge has the same issue. I'm running Mac OS 10.12.6 on a 2015 MacBook Pro and on a 2012 Mac Pro tower... Same results on both.Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 2.21.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

We are aware of this issue for some set of files and are working on the fix for future versions of Adobe Bridge.

Request you to share some sample input images for our investigation with abseth@adobe.com

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Abhishek.Seth i have just send you 2 samples with the original and pdf files + screenshots, please let me know you got it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, images in the pdf look darker, oversaturated, reddish PLUS, don't know if related, the highlights have weird bright magenta or cyan pixels around them, much like some sort of posterization. Never happened to me before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing input files.

We are working on fixing this issue for future releases of Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Adobe Output Module for Bridge CC 2018

Abhishek.Seth

Abhishek.Seth please be aware that the link i sent to your email (by wetransfer) you will be deleted on 31 January, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure i will download the files.

Thanks ,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I’ve sent you some files via WeTransfer. This is in connection with the current problems in Bridge 2019 when outputting a PDF. 

There are 3 PDFs. One shows the export from Bridge 2019 with "preserve embedded profiles" ticked. One shows it without this ticked. One shows the output from Bridge 2017. Bridge 2017 is closest to the original files which i've also attached. Selecting "preserve embedded profiles" in 2019 creates a VERY odd result. The embedded profiles are Fogra39. This is critical to our workflow.

Many thanks,

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to say thank you to Abhishek and all the team. As of this morning's update Bridge 19 now appears to be outputting correctly. All colours appear to be correct and the PDFs are now the same as those output from Bridge 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here pdf output is now correct.

Still don't care for the pixelated image previews in the template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm have the same issue. It is a Mac problem! I don't have the problem on a pc with up to date version of bridge/photoshop or on macs with older versions...

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to post in multiple threads. Adobe has acknowledged this issue and is working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this issue?

I work in a photo studio with 4 other photographers. We all have CC. All 5 of us are having the same issues of darker PDF contact sheets. WE have been following this thread for some time now. We tried everything mentioned in this forum. Exporting Jpegs, exporting high res, exporting preserve color: no difference. This happened after we did a program update. it is actually been an issue as clients are seeing dark images and not all understand the proof is not the final. We are loosing on our client orders from our all our shoots. We tried Lightroom as a workaround, but the contact sheet as easy to customize the cells, add text, and orientation/paper size, etc. (we all run Mac, most on High Sierra, 1 older Mac has El Capitan, and 1 Mojave, running either power Mac, Mac Pro, and newer MacBook Pro- the output in the new Bridge has no different regardless on which system is used)

I see that Adobe is working on this issue, but was hoping to get a time frame? are we looking in a couple weeks, months, or next year? Just so my team can figure out a solution in the mean time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workaround whilst they get their s**t together is to use Bridge CC 2017 which you can easily download through the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good idea but how silly this is still not fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. is this still not fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 6.25.15 pm.pngso red its insane as an output

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this exact problem myself. I assume everyone who uses it has. It is essential that they solve this. It can't be that complicated surely.... I will try to use Bridge CC17 in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the similar problem - pdfs with oversaturated/dark output. Now its okay after I updated Adobe Bridge CC 2019 from creative cloud. Thanks for the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines