• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2017, still no SVG preview support.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this still an ongoing issue? Why have SVG previews been disabled since CS4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Hi,

We have added this as a feature request in our backlog of tasks.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please post your feedback here so that our engineers and staff can look at it.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uhhh... download an SVG file from the internet and use Bridge to examine it.

If I open Illustrator, save the SVG with XMP data the previews show up. I should not have to do this manually when it was working in CS4, and it works in the system preview and OS functions. As well as the apps photoshop and illustrator can automatically read them.

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 6.10.27 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried at my end, Bridge Cs6 and CC 2017 does not have the functionality to display SVG thumbnail previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what happened to the code between CS5 and today to cause this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have added this as a feature request in our backlog of tasks.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I know, it is probably not as easy as it seems to the users, but surely if one can see an SVG within an Adobe product (Photoshop, Illustrator), y'all could program Bridge to do the same?  We are still looking forward to this feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware and its on the list. Just be patient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patient? Really? Wow, sorry Lumigraphics. I know some people can be unreasonable with requests but when you fall this far behind even MS explorer it's beyond patient (MS-IE v11: 2013). LOL, fairly negligent & embarrassing if you ask me. SVG isn't exactly cutting edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being impatient isn't going to fix the problem any faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pointing out user needs isn't what this forum is for?

But I suppose you're right, being quiet is best. Waiting 4, 5, 10 years for SVG support is fine. It's not like I pay them monthly to keep a promise of improving their software. Adobe, so sorry. Please do as you will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You realize that we are users just like you? All you are doing is raising your blood pressure. Adobe knows about the problem. They are working on it. I'm not sure what other answer we can give you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer?  "We correct this bug, in one month. Sorry."  This is answer we expect. SVG is basic format for web, and for Adobe apllication too. Yes, Adobe working on it, and how long? Next 5 years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize you're a user. I thought maybe Adobe paid attention to this forum (Deepak is from Adobe, no?). You claim they know about the issue. If so, I don't understand the years-long timetable for resolution. For me, this thread is about escalating an overlooked issue, not my blood pressure (I assure you I type very calmly).

Since you asked, here is what I'd like:

Not you, but an Adobe rep (Deepak or anyone), to reply with something more than 'it's on the backlog'. Maybe a date? It'd be even better if they replied with, "Hey, we realize that's a basic feature and we've neglected it for years. The issue has been fixed."

I realize Adobe has a long history of many bugs to fix, I've lived through most of them. I see nothing wrong with pointing out this oversight and trying to escalate the implementation of something so basic after so many years. It's neglectful... in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree. SVG 1.0 became a W3C recommendation in 2001 and is a widely used format for web due to its scalable nature and small file size.

It's now 2018 and Adobe STILL don't support SVG thumbnails in Bridge. This is despite Illustrator and other Adobe design packages having been able to output SVG format for many years.

@Deepak_Gupta​ you said you'd added this "feature request" (which I'd argue is fixing an existing shortcoming of the product, rather than a new feature) to the backlog in December 2016. What is happening, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can we use svg files for cricut machines, If Yes, then plz tell the procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update this post is: '2018, still no svg support despite even internet explorer and all other browsers supporting it.' You're killin us Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We will have to have patience to make that improvement, but I have tried with the visualization of the CC library and there I can see the SVG preview!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree! .svg is really the standard vector format for web now, seems daft that Bridge is unable to display vectors for it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe are now working on SVG preview support in a pre-release version of Bridge as we speak. No idea on ETA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge (CC 2018) on 16 July 2018. The new version build number is 8.1.0.383. This version is available to install via Adobe Creative Cloud application.

This Bridge update contains support for SVG and PNG files, with transparency grid. Please also check the "Libraries" workspace after installing new version of Bridge CC.

You may need to update the Creative Cloud application and restart your computer to see the updated installer.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just trying it now, sad to say I am very excited about this, you have no idea how useful it will (hopefully) be

BUT— so far it isn't workign on a folder of SVG's made in Sketch / illustrator even if I refresh the view... anything else we should know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it - -need to purge cache for given folder, even if it hasnt got thumbnails in it beforehand...

love this update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh - I had to purge my cache as well before the new SVG thumbnails and preview would work.

Windows: Edit menu > Preferences > Cache > "Purge All Cache Now"

https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/cache-bridge-cs4-cs5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deepak,

Fantastic that  SVG preview support from pre-release version has now made it to production, so thank you to you and the team for pushing this through. After so many years without SVG support in Bridge it's great to finally have it

I will follow up with you in the pre-release channel about some additional SVG improvement suggestions.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines