• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge Loses Photoshop>Tools>Image Processor

Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I briefly installed Photoshop beta (for generative fill) which impacted the existing workflow with my working PS 24.5.0 and Bridge 13.0.3.693. If I opened a file from Bridge, it opened in PS Beta, not my working version of PS (which I can understand, but not prefer). It also changed my Color settings in PS 24.5.0. But another useful Bridge feature is now MIA.

A useful feature of Bridge is the ability to select files in Bridge, and access the Photshop Image Processor via: Tools>Photoshop>Image Processor. That link is now gone, which I'm guessing is due to my uninstalling PS Beta. This is primarly a headsup. I reset Bridge Prefs, which did not restore the Image Porcesor function. I then reinstalled Bridge (deleting existing prefs) this also did not resotre this useful function. I do NOT wish to resintall PS to resotre this function. This is a bub IMO. And I see I am not the only user with this issue. 

One other note about that feature: If a file(s) is selected in Bridge then Tools>Photoshop> Image Processor, after the image processing is complete, any files that were ALREADY OPEN in Photoshop will be closed -even if they have not been saved. There is no prompt to save the file. This is a unique & useful function, as a user may wish to process specific files among multiple open files. But having an unsaved file close, is not an asset.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your OS (and what release)?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My OS is 12.6.5

But I doubt that is a factor in this issue. This is an existing issue that others have experienced, often without remedy. It was caused by installing/uninstalling PS Beta. Now Bridge does not recognize my current working PS app 24.5

This causes a major workflow issue that I would like to resolve asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it may not seem like it makes a difference but it can. 

I regret to say that you need to uninstall both Bridge and Photoshop. Then reintstall Bridge first, this is important. When PS is isntalled, it looks to see if Bridge is there and if so, it will install a variety of scripts. If it doesn't see Bridge (because you installed PS first), then it doesn't install the scripts. So, install PS 2nd. 

Let us know if that solves the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. M1 runing MacOS 13.3.1.

Not sure why it didn't affect me sooner since I've been keeping up to date with Vridge, PS 2023 and the Beta.

Every Beta update steals the default settings for opening JPG, CR3 and other files. I manually change it back via finder.

The scripts had been there and loading properly. I also see the scripts checked in the preferences.

With 2014 enabled in the startup scripts, I get an option to "process collections in Photoshop," but then it tells me I need to run Bridge in Rosetta to use it. Running in Rosetta also fails with the error, "Too many files found with matching metadata." This is with two CR3 files selected in a folder of 417 CR3 files.

I will wait for the next round of updates before resorting to re-installing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines