• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge not displaying thumbnails or playing video preview for mov files from iPad

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having trouble copying files from an iPad to my computer, I changed the setting in the iPad Photos to "Keep Originals". That allowed me to successfully copy files from the iPad, but now when I use Bridge to try and view the thumbnails and preview the videos, it does not work on the files I just copied. I can see the thumbnails and preview other videos that came from my iPad before the setting change, but none of the ones after. Note, I can open and play the videos in Windows Media Player without any problem. CC Bridge version 10.0.0.124

Note I have done this as suggested in another post, but it has not fixed the issue:

Edit > Preferences > "File Type Associations" and I went to .mov and .mp4 and set it to Premiere Pro by hitting "Browse" and selecting the app icon.

Thanks for any advice.

TOPICS
Image processor , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is -STILL- an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also an issue here on Windows PC, grrrrrr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the exact same issue right now with Adobe Bridge not displaying thumbnails for .mov files.  Geezz Adobe, this should be a common fix by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try selecting the files and select "clear cache for selections"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure these are un checked.2020-12-12_9-02-08 Bridge video files.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working in Bridge 2022 12.0.0.234.  My .MOV files thumbnails will NOT show.

Here's the irony, in Win10 File Explorer, the .MOV files thumbnails DO show.

What the heck Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Are these support forums any use at all if Adobe don't actually participate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do know that Adobe is aware of the problem but no one knows when a fix will be released. 

But you're correct, this is not a place where Adobe participates. These forums are for folks who are trying to find out how to do things. If you want to report bugs, feature requests, etc., please go to:

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com

Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary,

Adobe employees do visit these forums, they've contacted me several times when I reported issues.

If this is a known bug that has been around for years and Adobe have not addressed it, then it's likely a very very low priority bug and may never be addressed.

The only reason I use Bridge at all over my OS file explorer is that it can show native PSD file image previews.  It would make more sense for Adobe to completely do away with Bridge and just add extensions to OS file explorer so that we can preview PSD, MOV, Ai files and allow entry of Meta data.

Adobe just seem to keep adding "new" applications that have overlapping functionality and then adjust the monthly subscription fee so that one really needs the multiple more expensive options just to get ONE additional feature ... it's clearly a money grab but that creative income stream doesn't seem to be enough to high resources/developers to address existing problems which is puzzling??

I keep finding myself looking for alternatives to Adobe's product suite, Vegas Pro, GIMP, Pixlr X, Luminar, etc.  ... it's not that I want to move away from Adobe, it's that Adobe just aren't listening to our needs and alternatives are cheaper and more attractive and get the job done.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

December 13th 2022

I'm having a similar problem using Adobe Bridge 2022 on my MacBook Pro, where the software will not display or play MOV files created on an Nikon Z7II - screenshot attached

Very non-customer friendly on the part of Adobe.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 15.59.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What bothers me the most is that Adobe's revenue is doing extremely well 4.3Billion increase from last year so I KNOW they have the financial resources to get additional developers to work on this and fix this along with many other issues from HDR to performance ... converting to ProRes and/or using Proxies shouldn't be my only option.  Adobe management seem more obcessed with personal gain than reinvesting in the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 2023, still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reaching out to us.

To better investigate the issue, could you please share the following information?

1. Are you facing this issue with the latest version of Bridge i.e. 13.0.3.693?

2. Platforms details on which you are facing this issue

3. Are you facing this issue even after purging the cache?

4. Please share the test files with sharewithbr@adobe.com

We might reach out to you to get more information.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

1. Yes, I am facing this issue on latest Bridge version

2. Both. OSX Catalina and windows 11H2

3. Purging cache doesnt help.

4. Done.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPD all video files facing this issue was captured with iphone 13 and iphone 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you reporting this issue. We are able to reproduce it at our end and have added it to our engineering pipeline.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue, bridge 2023—Windows 10 PC. I have an asset library that is in .mov files and would really like to use the viewport preview to preview them.  I have also tried all the other fixed and none seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep me too. WIN 10. Latest Adobe CC apps. Its 2023. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but 4 years later since this has been reported and the issue persists. This has been confirmed and acknowledged by you to me and others. I am on Windows @Rahul Saraogi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

November, 2023
Still the problem is there, jee wizz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2024 Jan 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 2024 : still the same story. Working perfectly with W11 explorer but not with Bridge!!!
And meanwhyle, Adobe increase their subscription by more than 7%...
The price to pay by having only one actor for some professional softwares (like InDesign in my case).
Thank you Abode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MOV from my Ninja V runs fine, MP4 has no preview. 

Bridge is an extremely useful program - except when it isn't. It shows the content of every visually based file type, can be setup to show resolution and color profile without searching for them, is quickly and easily filterable via ratings and every imaginable technical criteria, and can be configured as a light box, preview viewer, file list... I even use it for bookkeeping, everything is PDF anyway. So why oh why does Adobe allow stupid bugs to ruin it and their reputation?!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines