• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Bridge display/output folder name or file location with thumbnail/contact sheet?I

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, some background: I'm asking this question in lieu of having an actual DAM or database in place to generate thumbnail contact sheets from video files. The files are organized in a folder structure e.g. Client/Year/Job/Day/Camera/Card. There is a mix of common video and still file formats. I am working on a Windows 10 system.

I would like to use Bridge (or anything reasonable) to preview and then output contact sheets of this library. I would also like to easily identity the directory location (or at least the folder) of the clip. One solution is to output each individual folder with the folder location info manually entered into the header/footer section.

In some cases I'd prefer to "Show Items From Subfolders", but with the file location info displayed with the thumbnail and also included in the Output. I see that Preferences/Thumbnails allows additional lines of metadata (date, size, etc.). But Folder or Directory info is not available as an option. Also, the additional lines of metadata don't carry over when switching to Output mode.

Additional thoughts:

- I'm pretty sure I could accomplish this in Lightroom, except Lightroom doesn't display .mxf thumbnails.

- Someone suggested that InDesign has sophisticated contact sheet capabilities, which I may explore.

- I suspect this could be done with a custom Photoshop Contact Sheet ll .xml template (beyond my expertise).

- I know Bridge isn't a DAM or database ... I know I need a DAM ... maybe I will someday ... but not today.

Any thoughts or insights are much appreciated ... thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines