• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Bridge metadata to Excel or CSV

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I extract Bridge (version CS4) metadata to Excel?  I find some guidance here in the Adobe forums about moving metadata from a spreadsheet to Bridge, but I need to export Filename and ITPC Core Description fields from Bridge to a Excel (or CSV) file.  Any advice would be welcome!

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction -- I have Bridge CS6, not CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are comfortable with command line, exiftool might be the fastest way to export to tab or comma separated text.

ExifTool by Phil Harvey

This page has a lot of good examples: exiftool Application Documentation

A simple tab-delimited export for a directory of files would look like this:

exiftool -t -filename -creator -title -description -keywords -copyright ./ > export.txt

If you want to do this through Bridge, you would use the functions xmpData.getProperty or xmpData.getArrayItem.  Of course, there's more to it than that.  The Bridge SDK has an example script called "SnpInspectMetadata.jsx"

This script exports much more than you want, but you could customize it to suit your needs. Metadata Deluxe / VRA Panel Export-Import Tool

I can also share a simple Dublin Core export-import script, if you are interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some references to Bridge scripts can be found here:

Prepression: Extracting Metadata to .CSV

Just to flesh out the ExifTool info, a source file or directory location is required, in addition to the output file location and name:

exiftool -r -T -subject '/Users/loggedinusername/Pictures/' > '/Users/loggedinusername/Desktop/exiftool-keyword-dump.txt' 

This command will recursively scan all subfolders and files within the “Pictures” folder of the current logged in user and create a tab delimited text file on the user’s Desktop containing the keyword metadata found in each image. The previous command line code is from the Mac, on Windows simply change the single straight quote/foot mark ' to straight double quote/inch marks " with the correct platform specific path to the top level folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines