Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Bridge 100% loading RAW slooooooow

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2018 Jul 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It didn't bother me before that much but with Nikon D850 RAW files it's painfully slow to load the image when I zoom to 100% in Bridge.

I always have selected "generate 100% previews, though this doesn't solve the issue.

While fit to screen (2560x1600) browsing is reasonably fast, while I zoom to 100% magnification it takes about 3-6s before loading the sharp image (and that seems like forevermore when there's 3000 images to sort and the downsized full screen preview isn't sharp enough to evaluate whether the shot is correctly in focus or not).

These are 47Mpix Raw files with the size around 50MB. I thought HDD (even though reading 50MB is nothing) is the bottleneck and wanted to buy new M.2 SSD

So I tested this on WD Black, WD Red and Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB.

With Samsung it is similar as with WD Black, loading around 3sec - barely any difference between these two massively different HDD & SSD.

While loading 100% image all CPU cores and all 8 logical threads go up to 100% - is it really possible that the i7 is the bottleneck for fast loading of 50Mpix RAW file?

Any advice to speed Bridge up?

PC: Intel i7-7700K, GTX980, 16GB DDR4, plenty of space on HDDs & SSD, latest Bridge, updated today, 64bit Win 10

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the late reply.

Are you still seeing performance issue with Bridge after the latest update? Have you tried to reboot your machine after updating the app?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the recent update did not improve the slow loading of 100% preview for RAW files at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hallo!

Same issue here on two different (BIG) machines, one running bridge 2018 the other one running the 2019 version.

files are raw files from a Sony a6300

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines