Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing files after moving in Bridge

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone,

I am desperately hoping someone can help shed some light on an issues I am having.

A little explanation on our current setup...

We have 2 Macbook Pros and a Mac Pro. The Mac Pro is set up in house as a server with 2 of the drives setup as RAID.

My wife is a Photographer and after she is done working on session on her Macbook she will move the entire folder over the RAID on the Server to keep a backup of everything and to keep it organized.

Yesterday she realized that there were still some personal pictures on here MacBook under the folder 2015 (for example the Server had months Jan-Aug but not Sept - Dec). So before bed she went into bridge and "Moved" them to the RAID on the Sever.

On the server the folders are typically under Personal Backups/Year/Month.

Last night when she tried to copy everything over she just moved the folder of 2015 to the root folder of the RAID.

So right now when we look on the RAID we have a folder called 2015. Then we have a folder under Personal Backups/2015 (this is where the other half of the year was).

Now to the problem.

When we look under the 2015 folder on the root of the drive we only see three months.

When we look at the 2015 folder on the Personal Backups/2015 we see the same three months.

So we have 2 exact copies of the same folder and now the reset of the year is missing.

My questions are...

1. Does anyone know what happens to the files after they are moved and possibly get deleted? They are not in the recycle bin or anything.

2. Does anyone know of a setting that may be on to have caused this to happen? Our setup has been like this for 3 years and we have never had an issue like this before.

Thank you in advance for an help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Hi jacm813,

Bridge works exactly the same way to copy/move files like you do it in explorer/finder. Refer How to view & manage files in Adobe Bridge

It is not quite probable that the files have been deleted while moving to a different location.Since you are using a MAC, Looking for those files in the Time machine would be worth giving a try. For reference:- How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jacm813,

Bridge works exactly the same way to copy/move files like you do it in explorer/finder. Refer How to view & manage files in Adobe Bridge

It is not quite probable that the files have been deleted while moving to a different location.Since you are using a MAC, Looking for those files in the Time machine would be worth giving a try. For reference:- How to use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I know this is a very late reply and I hope you are still in Adobe. There is no such moving files action in Mac OS finder as you described. We can only copy files -> delete originals so Bridge probably combine these two finder actions as one. I know you have probably read several smilar posts talking about similar issues in the past. It's ridiculous that a DAM keeps losing owners' files and I'm also sorry to tell you that your suggestion of looking he backup in Time Machine is a very irresponsible. This is not a solved question as the title suggests. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my! This has happened to me! I have opened Bridge after quite a while and there are no photos. Just 2014 folder with six photos in it. I remember my Mac syncing the last time I used it but now I have no photos!!! Help please. Panic setting in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find your photo! This just happened to me! Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me too. Was moving - not copying. After six hours of photo retouching our company XMAS family photos, I move them to our server, get a brief warning that there was a problem and all files may not have been copied and I have two images in the server location. No indication where everything went. HELP - This is NOT helping my holiday woprk schedule.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me too. And I'm surprised nobody bring this up more frequently as this is a very, very serious issue. A DAM keeps losing the owners' files? How can it be possible? This is a HUGE bug and should not be downplayed. Adobe owe us an explanation.

Please refer my another post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/super-buggy-move-function-in-bridge-why-is-it-still-there/m-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone received an answer from Adobe? Here it is Oct. 2021 and this is still a problem. It's been 4 years Adobe, why isn't this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me tonight. Moving a folder of FLAC audio files from one external drive to another and the folder dissapeared to quickly, not even a dialogue box appeared telling me it was moving the files, just vanished and everything gone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge CANNOT lose files, they are somewhere. Probably on the external drive you do not have permissions set in Apple's control panel to access that folder. This is an Apple issue not Adobe.

Please try the following:

Go to your System Preferences and select Security & Privacy. Click on the Privacy Tab, then scroll down till you see Full Disk Access.

Then unlock the lock in the bottom left with your system authorization PW. Finally click on the “+” to bring up an Open window and select LRC and any other applications that needs or may need open access to various areas of your computer. 

But wait, there’s more…

gary_sc_0-1637272970918.png

Now click on the next folder down, Files and Folders. You’ll see many applications grayed out because these are applications that already got permission from the first part.

gary_sc_1-1637272970919.png

But as you scroll down you may see other applications that have sub-categories to OK. If that lock is still open, you can do this at any time.

Close everything up and you should be good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gary, many thanks for the reply. I've went to Systems Preferences Security and Privacy and clicked on Privacy, but no 'Full Disk Access' appears, as you can see from the screen grab i've attached . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still running High Sierra and just discovered 'full disk acess' isn't available for that operating system 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, sorry. That's a good reason for you to always add your OS when putting forth questions and a good reason for me to ask for it! ;>)

Do you happen to know, or guess, a name of one of the files that you can't find? You could always do a search for it. It WILL be somewhere.

However, are you working with a server or NAS system? Bridge was NOT designed to work with them, Bridge is intended to be used with a local system only. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the more informaton provided the better. I've done a search and absolutely nothing comes up. I had a folder named Flac in one external drive and another named the same in another so i thought i'd rename it Flac 2 so it would move over without deleting the other. As i said i clicked 'move to' and the Flac 2 folder dissapeard too quickly, because no dialogue box appeared to tell me it was moving the files, there was a lot of files so the process would have taken quite a while to move over. In 'rencent folders' the renamed 'Flac 2' folder did appear but when i clicked on it it told me 'destination not found'. I just don't understand how this could have happened and for the files to now be nowhere on any of the 2 external drives or my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just experienced the same situation. I was a little naive and pressed move to for one of my annual folders, no dialogue box appeared, then I waited as I assumed it was some freezing time from the size of the file. Moments later I discover the original folder has vanished, it is not in the bin, and the files are nowhere to be found on the computer hard drive or the external I intended to move them to. I ran a recovery program on both disks which turned up blank.

I am extremely frustrated and upset that this 'bug' has cost me a whole year of photos.  Did you ever figure out what went wrong? Did you ever manage to locate your files? 

I ran the program Disk Drill Media Recovery.

OS - macOS Ventura 13.2

Program Version - Adobe Bridge 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All i'm working off is two 2TB external drives that i plug into the USB at the back of my iMac 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines